Have to whine to people who understand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dannolynn

I feel your pain. I hyper-extended my back the day before my 2nd meet of the season last year, and was out for the whole season. Then in October I badly sprained my ankle the day before I was going to try going back to team practices (it's still not better!!). I know all about badly timed injuries.

Sorry about your hand... That's hard to deal with. Are you sure you can't tape it up really well? Or just compete in some events? At least an injury like that shouldn't keep you out for months and should heal quickly.

I'm sorry
last year i missed out on state championships as well i went along and cheered my team mates a long and turns out they bought me this massive soft toy that said i'm sorry that your dream has not come true. Lol sorry about your finger can u still do some apparatus. ????

I cut my pinky finger badly yesterday when a glass I was carrying just randomly broke in my hand, ended up with stiches and it is right on the joint. I am super bummed because Saturday is my state meet, this is the meet where you qualify to Nationals as we are not going to Regionals. And now I can't tumble. I am super bummed. Why do such stupid things have to happen at the worst possible times? Just had to rant.

if it is a tumbling only meet, you might be able to get away with wearing a pair of gloves. this has worked before for exactly the same injury.

if you had to do bars or high bar is where you would have a problem. good luck if it works for you.

That really bites. I hope you can maybe find a way to compete. Maybe taping it very well and a glove like dunno suggested? Good luck! Hope your finger heals quickly. Ouch!

I wondered about taping too - that's really heart-breaking timing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back