Healing energy for Caileigh tomorrow please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Caileigh goes in for surgery on her fractured fibula tomorrow morning in Philadelphia. :( If all goes well, she should be able to return to practices without restriction in 8 weeks which still gives her a month to get ready for the start of her first NCAA season on Jan 8 - she will be in pretty intense rehab until then. We have a phenomenal orthopedic surgeon who knows gymnasts so Caileigh and I both have lots of faith in him. It just sucks that this had to happen.

Oh, wow! Absolutely, healing prayers and good wishes coming her way! (and yours!)

Keep us posted on her recovery!!

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way! I hope it goes well and she recovers quickly!

I hope everything goes well with her surgery! Please let us know how it goes!

good luck thoughout the healing process. I'm sure there will be times that are tough and therapy will be a drag, but I know that she will make it through with flying colors and be ready for the season! Sending lots of healing fairies your way :)

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! Caileigh is home now, made it through surgery itself OK, but had a heck of a time in the recovery room - her body just does not deal well with heavy-duty drugs like general anesthesia! We finally got to head home 5 hours after she came out of surgery, so did not actually get home until 1:30 in the morning - not a fun trip! Since getting home Caileigh has bounced back well, and now is impatient to get back to school. She now has a total of 8 screws and a plate in her ankle, so jokes that she had a "bionic" ankle. We see the doc this coming Thursday to hopefully get stitches out and a full cast on.

Glad to hear it all went well. Sorry to hear about her problems with anesthesia. That happened to my son after he had his tonsils out. He couldn't keep anything down, had trouble waking up. They admitted him overnight. That was not fun. I hope it all goes well at the doc on Thursday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back