WAG Help Please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Reaction score
Pink and Fluffy is trying to choreograph her new beam routine. She has all her elements and dance moves but we need "Pointless fluff" to fill in between. Does anybody have any links to beam fluff as all my suggestions have beed dissed big style, and all the things she wants to do end up either making her fall off or translate into a new move.

Thanks

'margo

Can't you google beam routines- you could try see if there's anything on youtube for her level, or just go straight for the top and see if there's anything you can pick up. I've been watching NCAA recently- they have more dancey bits than elite. Try Danusia's routines to start.

Rochelle Douglas did Link Removed tutorial for BGA recently on improving beam dance. I can't see the video at the minute but it might come back up, or it might be on youtube somewhere. I found it interesting, although I'm not a big fan of her choreography (sorry! I just have very different ideas and often wish I could get hold of some floor routines and make them more interesting :) ), and I find the "eye contact" with the judges bit scary rather than engaging :p

I always bear in mind go simple- you don't want to fall off or be heavily deducted on filler!

thanks Faith I will look at that. We have done the youtube thing but we are having a case of the "Can't Want Too's" atm -can't do it - don't want to.

:rolleyes:

Does she have a favorite elite level gymnast? I did my own beam routine when I was a gymnast and watched beam routines from some of my favorite gymnasts, and even just looked at pictures in gym magazines, and found ways to incorporate little pieces I liked from a bunch of routines into my own- working into and out of the movements in my own way that best suited the skills in my routine. You could also just search youtube for level 7/8 beam routines and do the same thing. Just take one piece from this routine, another from that one and merge it all together to make something that is all her own.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back