Parents Her "career"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

cbifoja

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My daughter is very ambitious about her gymnastics. I support her entirely. However, twice this weekend she has made reference to her gymnastics career and can I just say this cracks me up!

Once she was talking about going 4-wheeling with a family member and said that "if he messes up my gymnastics career.....ewwwwww." And then on the ride home from a meet yesterday, she again talked about how she needs to get her giants on regular bar this summer because she believes it will help her gymnastics career to skip the new L6 for next season.

Having a young child talk about a "career" is amusing to me. LOL

I wish she's make a career of keeping her room clean. :rolleyes:

That is just too cute! Your DD sounds like she is very motivated and committed to her love of gymnastics. I would guess, that no matter where she ends up in the future, she'll be focused and looking ahead. Thanks for sharing!

That is just too cute! Your DD sounds like she is very motivated and committed to her love of gymnastics. I would guess, that no matter where she ends up in the future, she'll be focused and looking ahead. Thanks for sharing!

Well, if she doesn't start focusing on math a bit more, her "career" will quickly come to a screeching halt!

Very cute. We have a similar situation at our house. Often there are long, elaborate plans of how her "career" is going to pan out between now (Grade 3) and either the olympics or her Div 1 scholarship :rolleyes:.

But then it is oddly mixed with incredible doses of reality where she gets that she is 8 years old, and can't fathom doing things (ever) that the older girls are training on. I think it must be the youngness and naivety about the world - they have these wonderful dreams but putting them into reality overwhelms them.

Aw that is so cute lol. And I too wish my dd would make a career out of cleaning her room. Or even as a part-time job lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back