high school and college gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I used to do club gymnastics, but i quit because it was simply too much for my schedule. Now i do highschool gymnastics, and was wondering if an exceptional highschool gymnast could get some sort of scholarship for college gymnastics? and if so, I have heard of college gymnasts competing elite gymnastics, like Casey Jo Magee. Can college gymnasts become elite? :rolleyes:

Around our area, the requirements for highschool gym is L7-8, though many of the have much higher skills. The girls doing only HS gym are usually doing less hours. I would think it wouldn't be enough to train the high level skills needed for college. As for college to elite, it usually goes the other way - elite ad a teen, then college.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I know of 2 girls that got full ride gymnastics scholarships based on their high school gym careers. Both were L9/10 when they left club to do high school and they did train with club teams during the summer so they were doing L9/10 skills in high school.
You can train elite while in college. however I think many don't simply due to the time it would take.

Just to clarify, I meant I don't know of any gymnasts who graduated college gym and then decided to go for elite for the first time, though I think there have been a few who have competed elite as teens, did college gym, then went back to elite.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back