WAG How did everyone do this weekend???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love seeing Sophia's videos; she looks incredibly grown up this year, a lovely young woman and a terrific gymnast. Thanks for sharing her talent with us all, I look forward to these videos each competition season. :)
That is so sweet. I have to rub my eyes as she is now one of the "big girls" I used to marvel at. I also realize with each passing meet that very little of the frustrations or triumphs matter when you look back at the journey. The more I step away the more she steps up, finding her JOY and Voice in a sport that does very little to encourage either. She and her sister are my greatest JOYS and I am so very blessed to be on this ride with both of them.

That is so sweet. I have to rub my eyes as she is now one of the "big girls" I used to marvel at. I also realize with each passing meet that very little of the frustrations or triumphs matter when you look back at the journey. The more I step away the more she steps up, finding her JOY and Voice in a sport that does very little to encourage either. She and her sister are my greatest JOYS and I am so very blessed to be on this ride with both of them.

Lovofu, just out of curiosity - will Sophia try to qualify elite in the future? Or is her focus on college path now?
And, if you don't mind sharing - I am also curious how the elite process works at Chow's. I believe they don't have any elite gymnast right now, so wondering if we can expect some kind of 'elite comeback' from Chow's soon, just like GAGE had this past season?

DD had her first level 10 meet and she finished 1st on floor and AA for her age division. Not sure how with the low scores.....Scoring was crazy low for us.
Congrats! In case you don't already know, there is a L10 social group. Come join us!

Congrats everyone!
DD was supposed to start this weekend but had to sit out bc of what we hope is just a pulled quad/thigh muscle. When X raying they found a cortical defect (bony tumor) down lower on the leg, which should be benign, and may not even be related to her pain. However they are sending her for mri/ortho consult to be sure. Dd is starting to feel a little better but is super bummed about the prospect of skipping another meet this coming weekend. Their season runs Jan- March so if it’s something that requires more than just a few weeks off she may not be competing at all. Which would be devastating for her but st this point I’m just a worried nervous wreck and want her healthy.
Sorry you are dealing with this. Hopefully it is benign and can be easily removed. Please keep us updated.

Sophia started off her FOURTH year level 10 in fine fashion.....room to improve but landed her triple on floor for a 9.825 and kept her head when something went wrong on bars. 38.150 AA. Next meet this weekend.
great routines! She looks so much more confident this year!

On a side note, In Lovofu's video at 2:50, there is a girl vaulting in the background. What is she doing? I just can never figure out vault. It is too fast. It looks like it is a yurchenko half but I think I see a twist before the table.

On a side note, In Lovofu's video at 2:50, there is a girl vaulting in the background. What is she doing? I just can never figure out vault. It is too fast. It looks like it is a yurchenko half but I think I see a twist before the table.
She doesn't twist before the table but looks like she twists before the flip so would be a 1/2 front layout instead of a back layout 1/2. There was a point when the 1/2 front layout was valued slightly higher but they are now worth the same (10 for JO, 9.95 for college)

Sophia started off her FOURTH year level 10 in fine fashion.....room to improve but landed her triple on floor for a 9.825 and kept her head when something went wrong on bars. 38.150 AA. Next meet this weekend.

Will you be at the winter classic this weekend?? My DD will be there competing against the level 10 chows girls...to say she is nervous would be an understatement!!

The more I step away the more she steps up, finding her JOY and Voice in a sport that does very little to encourage either.

A seriously wise and true statement - a lesson to be learned by all. Joy and voice are the necessity to peace and success, a lesson my child is learning which has begun to change everything.

My dd missed her first meet of the season because she was not quite ready after still coming back from an injury in November. She was only ready on bars, and with it being a travel meet, we decided to skip it and focus on getting ready for the next meet ion Jan. 20. So of course now she has the flu. :(

I love watching everyone's videos, and cadybearsmom, wishing only the best for your results.

My dd missed her first meet of the season because she was not quite ready after still coming back from an injury in November. She was only ready on bars, and with it being a travel meet, we decided to skip it and focus on getting ready for the next meet ion Jan. 20. So of course now she has the flu. :(

I love watching everyone's videos, and cadybearsmom, wishing only the best for your results.
hopefully she recovers well enough to compete. Was she able to get the tamiflu or similar meds?

hopefully she recovers well enough to compete. Was she able to get the tamiflu or similar meds?
Thank you. She started meds yesterday, but one of her teammates was out with flu for almost two weeks, so we will see how it goes. Flu has hit the Dallas area pretty hard right now, so I'm just hoping the rest of us don't also go down with it.

Thank you. She started meds yesterday, but one of her teammates was out with flu for almost two weeks, so we will see how it goes. Flu has hit the Dallas area pretty hard right now, so I'm just hoping the rest of us don't also go down with it.

It’s gojng around here as well :( I hate this time of year! I hope your dd feels better soon and is able to get back to practice to get ready for the meet.

A little update: DD had her MRI today. It seemed to go well. Of course they wouldn’t tell me much but they did tell me that they saw NO sign of the cortical defect/bony lesion that the urgent care doctor had noted on the X-ray. So hopefully at least we shouldn’t have to worry about that which takes a load off of my mind. The only other thing she mentioned was some fluid in the hip area which isn’t surprising since she’s had pain in that upper thigh/hip area. She sees the orthopedist tomorrow afternoon so we should find out more then, hopefully good news. DD was determined that she was going to try to compete bars this weekend (local meet.). However, she has only been able to swing and kip on the bar as casts cause some pain, so she stopped doing them. Very happy she listened to her body and stopped doing those if they hurt. So lots and lots of upper body conditioning and light stretching for her for right now. o_O

It’s gojng around here as well :( I hate this time of year! I hope your dd feels better soon and is able to get back to practice to get ready for the meet.

A little update: DD had her MRI today. It seemed to go well. Of course they wouldn’t tell me much but they did tell me that they saw NO sign of the cortical defect/bony lesion that the urgent care doctor had noted on the X-ray. So hopefully at least we shouldn’t have to worry about that which takes a load off of my mind. The only other thing she mentioned was some fluid in the hip area which isn’t surprising since she’s had pain in that upper thigh/hip area. She sees the orthopedist tomorrow afternoon so we should find out more then, hopefully good news. DD was determined that she was going to try to compete bars this weekend (local meet.). However, she has only been able to swing and kip on the bar as casts cause some pain, so she stopped doing them. Very happy she listened to her body and stopped doing those if they hurt. So lots and lots of upper body conditioning and light stretching for her for right now. o_O

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear the prelim report on the lesion. I hope the orthopedist continues to echo that finding and I'm thrilled for you that the MRI tech gave you a little sneak peek. Nothing like a little peace of mind. Please ping us back tomorrow with the full dr report.

Got good news from the orthopedist today! The cortical defect/lesion that the urgent care doctor noted on her X Ray did not show up on her MRI (the MRI lady had already mentioned that). The only thing that showed up was some effusion of the hip (fluid.). Doctor thinks she had a flare up of transient synovitis, which causes a bout of inflammation in the hip of children. It seems to be clearing up nicely, and she’s felt much better the last couple of days. She can start to slowly resume normal gymnastics practice, taking it slow at first. But he said she can compete this weekend as long as she’s pain free! Not sure if she will be able to do all four events but hopefully at least bars. So we will keep our fingers crossed, she’s very excited! And I am relieved. Fingers crossed for no more flare ups or injuries this year!

So happy for her!

My DD had a pretty great meet weekend last week. She hurt her leg, but it’s nothint serious and she’s started PT to deal with it. She also hurt her pinkie but that one remains a mystery- X-ray was clear but it’s very obviously gone crooked. Only my kid!
Hope she feels better soon! I’ve seen super flexible gymnast fingers do some weird things even when not broken!

is this really her 4th year- she looks amazing (and nearly ready for NCAA =) ) How old is she now? Just love watching her!

Congratulations, love watching her.

Sophia is a beautiful gymnast but my favorite routine of hers is the tick tock floor routine with the pony tails bouncing on her head. So glad that you are both happy and continuing to share her journey.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back