WAG How Many Leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Go back? I talk myself through the reasons why it's a bad idea on an almost daily basis.

But that's a different thread.

I have two DDs that wear the same size. They have fourteen leos that they share, and one each they don't share- DD1 has her team leo, and DD2 has her special "minion" leo we bought her for getting her pullover after a year and a half. They had two total before I discovered a particular eBay store that sold new ones for $10-14. Then I kinda went nuts. Lol

Coming from a new mom… Could you share the name of this eBay store?

I thought my dd had too many but seeing some of these #s makes me feel better. She has about 20. Now I can tell my hubby that I am not crazy next time I give in to dd and buy another leo. ;)

While we are on the leotards topic...does anyone know some good reasons to convince parents that I need more than ONE? And where I can get them relatively inexpensive? And if I get some online, what are the chances that it will actually fit well?

While we are on the leotards topic...does anyone know some good reasons to convince parents that I need more than ONE? And where I can get them relatively inexpensive? And if I get some online, what are the chances that it will actually fit well?

Gk has an outlet store. If you look online at gk's selection, you can call the outlet and see if they have the design you are looking for. It's usually about 30% off. Gymnastics solutions has reasonable prices. Zulily sometimes has leotards. Otherwise ebay, craigslist... As far as convincing your parents maybe you can offer to do some chores to work it off. As far as fit most places give a measurement guide to help determine what size you would need.

DD has about 20. But she only wears about 7 or 8 regularly. Her 3 from the Gabby collection at GK are her faves and then her huskers leo and her leo from Lady Luck. She also really likes her Melody leotards because she got to design them herself :)

Parents, here is a trick to getting your DD to wear those leos that stay in the bottom of the drawer. Conveniently forget to wash leos for a week ( or two and ) let her get to the bottom of her stash. She may "discover" a hidden gem or you may discover which ones don't fit and need to be passed along. My sister makes it a habit to do this about once a school semester.

I think it's most convenient to have enough leos to not have to do extra washing between laundry days.

I have 3 x Jam Factor (worst fitting), 2 x Alpha Factor, 2 x Destira (best fitting) = 7 leos. I got all of them off eBay, most used, for a total of $82. It has been interesting comparing the size charts with the fit with my measurements.

While we are on the leotards topic...does anyone know some good reasons to convince parents that I need more than ONE? And where I can get them relatively inexpensive? And if I get some online, what are the chances that it will actually fit well?[/quote

As the parent, I can tell you that the best way for my daughter to approach me would be calmly, respectfully, and to ASK rather than demand. You could absolutely mention that you don't wear the same underwear every day or even the same jeans. It makes sense to have more than 1 leotard. (Personally I would say at least 1 for each class a week. 3 practices a week = owning at least 3 leotards) Next, find the leotards that you want. Ebay and Etsy are good online places to look for inexpensive leotards. Lastly, LISTEN if they still say No. Ask why (again, be respectful and not whiny). Is it finances? Is it that they don't feel you're committed to the sport? You can't argue against objections if you don't know what those objections really are. (Finances? Offer to sell some of your old clothes to a place like Plato's Closet to pay for the new leos. Not committed? Make a deal with them to give it a real chance for 3 months and see how you're doing. Ask them to come to a practice.)

Good luck.

Parents, here is a trick to getting your DD to wear those leos that stay in the bottom of the drawer. Conveniently forget to wash leos for a week ( or two and ) let her get to the bottom of her stash. She may "discover" a hidden gem or you may discover which ones don't fit and need to be passed along. My sister makes it a habit to do this about once a school semester.

This is also helpful for making sure your gymmie puts dirty leos IN the hamper rather than BESIDE the hamper (or under the bed, behind the coach, on the cat). If it's not in the hamper, it doesn't get washed.

"What's that, Sweetie? All of your comfy leos are dirty and you have to wear a scratchy one to practice? But I just did laundry yesterday so how could it possibly be????"

18 Leo's including competition Leo's
6 GK (2 are old competition that we cut the sleeves off and resewed so I could wear for workout as I hate long sleeve for workout)
1 Rebecca's Mom
2 Snowflake
2 Jilly Beans Leotards
1 Ozone (A FlipFest one)
1 Adidas by GK
1 Melody Leotards
2 Unlabled (Found them 2nd hand, no tags)
1 Alpha Factor (Competition Leo)

I like to try out different brands as you can see. My little sister also has a Gym Digs Leo.
If you have questions on any of these brands feel free to ask! I'm happy to share about costumer service, quality etc.

DD has about 14, mainly Milano and Alpha Factor. But her favourites are the Christian Moreau ones, but she's so scared of damaging them, that she rarely wears them!

Mine has 6, two from gym - a competition and practice. One leo she's been wearing since she was 5.5 (she's 10 now). Only three were bought new. I don't believe in spending too much on stuff like that. Instead the girls have college funds, Christmas funds, savings and even a wedding fund. I am probably too old fashion Chinese this way ;)

Last time I counted I think my DD had 16 practice Leo's and 1 competition Leo. I have to say though, that half of them are on there way to being too small. Most are GK.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back