Parents How Many Meets A Year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

# of Meets per season

• Total voters

JessMom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I'm just about done with a scorebook journal. Now I just need to figure out how many meets to make it for. I want to make the book for at least 3 years, but 5 would be awesome.

How many meets do you average in a year?

How many years would you want to fit in a book/journal?

THANKS!!!

Deb

The book sounds like a nice idea.

Unfortunately, number of meets/year varies greatly by level/gym. Last year, DD competed level 5 and had 7-8 meets (not including Sectionals/States).

Now we are at a new gym repeating level 5, where the focus is on quality and conditioning and we are only competing 4 meets (also not including Sectionals/States).

The level 6's at the new gym are competing 7-8 meets. Old gym, level 6's are competing around 10 meets.

Sue,

I know - that's exactly the problem!

I want to try to have the book cover the average child for 3 years (I think) w/ 30 meets

I figure even if you run out of "About me this year" pages you can still enter meets

But I don't want someone to run out of meets sheets before the "about me" pages are done. . you know what I mean?

When all is said and done - I'm sure I'm giving this way to much thought LOL

Jess MOm, do it as a loose leaf format, you can buy binders that you can slide front and back pages into. SO they can add and remove pages as they need them, that way it can work for every gymnast and you can also have pages that are good for the higher optional who can go to regionals etc.

I'm just about done with a scorebook journal. Now I just need to figure out how many meets to make it for. I want to make the book for at least 3 years, but 5 would be awesome.

How many meets do you average in a year?

How many years would you want to fit in a book/journal?

THANKS!!!

Deb

We have 15 meets + 2 sectionals and a state meet for a total of 18 meets. at L7 the L8's also have the regionals and the L9 and 10's have the Nationals to add to that.

I fit in what ever fits until its full. but I actually have a spread sheet program that we keep dd's scores in along with some other team mates. and we get a trend line for the meets as we go through the year. My DD needs this so she can see the trend is upward. It can be hard to see when one meet is good and the next is bad.

I voted 6-8 meets--I think Beth has 8 or 9 meets this year. That's typical for her gym. I actually use an app for my iPod touch to keep track of scores, but if I didn't have that, I'd definitely be buying a book!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back