WAG how strong is enough to not get injured?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

katlinchen

Hello!

I was wondering how strong a Level7 gymnast should be in order to be able to do all the skills safely?

I am working towards RO BH Full on floor, cast handstand and giants on bars, back handspring, front walkover and back tuck dismount on beam and tsukahara an vault....

I am just training for fun, no competition etc. We do VERY little conditioning in our gym, as it's not a real gymnastics club but just a tumbling club from university!

So can anyone please give me numbers of pull-ups, leg lifts, hollow body rocks, etc to be strong enough to not get injured?

There is no specific point of strength that prevents injury. It can happen if you are weak and it can happen if you are strong.

This is far too individual. Some kids have joints that are more prone to injury than others, it is a very individual thing.

We have lots of rec type kids who do similar skills one one day a week training so their conditioning is also limited, and I juries are very rare.

A lot also depends on your lifestyle. Are you healthy, do you eat well, do you do other sports and activities are you a sedentary or active person?

I would not recommend doing any of the skills however without the close supervision of a coach. You can ask the coach to evaluate you current strength level and out together a program for you to specifically target any weaknesses you have.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back