WAG Hurt tailbone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sevenatenine2

Coach
Proud Parent
My daughter fell on her button the rod floor two weeks ago. Since then, she has complained of pain in her tail bone. She says it hurts mildly on most skills but hurts a lot on back extensions and any punching tumbling skills. She's afraid to tumble hard bc she's afraid she will get a searing pain that will make her stop in the middle. She can run, bear crawl erc with little to no pain. She can also jump on trampoline but says back extensions hurt it. One of the coaches made a comment on how it was convenient that it didn't hurt on the fun stuff. She did do most of conditioning without complaint, though.

Does anyone have an experience? I'd like to avoid the doctor if its a common injury and it's not necessary to go, but will take her if needed.

We can't give medical advice. If it is her tail bone, patience, patience and quadruple patience. They can't be wrapped, taped or casted, they hurt like the dickens and from my experience take a long time to heal.

I would have her checked out and get a doctors note saying don't do what hurts. Chances are she will get lots of practice on the things that don't stress the area.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back