Parents I have a very proud gymmie!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

I stayed to help fit leos yesterday. After I was done I stuck around to watch for a bit. I watched Olivia do a very nice cast to handstand on the bar!! I was like, holy cow, when did that happen?? She came out just before I left to get a drink and was practically jumping for joy. She ran back out and did another one! Her bar skills are really coming together ~ giants and now this! Now she just needs to work on her tumbling and beam! :rolleyes:

good for her! I bet it was beautiful! I must confess, when I see the girls(and boys) do this at my kids' gym (not my kids...they aren't ready for these yet), I get a little butterfly-action in my stomach...it's gorgeous to watch the casts and giants, but so scary too...something I would NEVER have attempted as it involves heights and speed...and I don't like either!! So it amazes me when I see those kids doing them.
Congrats!!:)

congrats to her! that's a BIG accomplishment and she has every right to be a proud gymmie! Way to go!

That is awesome. I love to watch the girls do giants and cast-to-handstand and so does my DD. She is only level 5 and is no where near a handstand in her casts, although sometimes she thinks she is ;-)

Wow, well congratulations to Olivia! My dd got the kip/chs pretty quickly but is still working on getting her giant and layout flyaway. Great news that bars is going so well for Olivia. I hope she gets to compete Level 7 this fall.

So glad you got the chance to see it! Isn't is amazing to see our kids do something you have no idea they can do? When I went to DD's gym show I had know idea how nice her ROBHSBT's were and that she knew how to do a layout too. I LOVE those momments!!!

She's going to have a great year!! This change was good for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back