WAG I LOVE this time of year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

cbifoja

Proud Parent
Reaction score
All of our girls are finished with state meets and everyone is in new training groups! This week, I've seen girls getting their first giants on the "real" bar, their first back handspring on beam, starting to flip vaults, and even got to see one of my child's dear friend get her first kip.

It is so much fun to watch these girls this time of year. They are excited about learning new stuff and tenacious about getting up and trying again after every fall. While I haven't seen my own child do any new skills or "firsts" yet, it's still a blast watching these girls attack gymnastics with such excitement.

Yeah........ I WAS excited about all the up training and new skills, but DD still has 2.5 weeks in her cast. We're taking the whole month off gym, no going for conditioning. Just hanging out.....reading, relaxing, lifting an occasional weight, stretching a leg here and there. It's actually been somewhat nice not having somewhere to be every night of the week. However, I'm getting kind of restless not having somewhere to be! I'm actually looking forward to child birthday parties ..... 6yo and 3yo parties. It's disgusting. :melodramatic:

Yes, I love it, too! My gymnast really hates competing and wouldn't do it if she didn't have to so she's in heaven now. She comes home really excited every day about what she does in practice and she's picking up her L9 skills really fast do hopefully she'll have lots of time to perfect them!

Not everywhere, in my part of Australia competition season is just starting, lots of comps In The next few weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back