I'm coaching!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I start coaching Thursday nights at the gym by my college next week!

I now have only one class on Tuesdays/Thursdays and I only have to be there from 6-9pm. It might but a little bit of a time crunch for my homework on for fridays, but I think the increased sanity level gained by being in the gym will greatly make up for it.

YAY!!!

That's awesome! I don't think I could ever leave the sport completly! It has been a part of every gymnast's lives since we were kids! I want to be a coach someday:)

That is so awesome! Congratulations!! What a great experience. I am sure you will be a wonderful coach! Keep us posted!

Well I have been coaching at my gym for two-ish years already, but I'm wondering how it will be at a different in a different gym. I'm used to kinda being able to do whatever I want with my classes because I've gotten some pretty good parent reviews. One of my favorite things to do is to push scared little kids off the high beam (and catch them too) so that they learn not to be afraid of falling off the beam. The other challenge will be the fact that I have 17.5 credits this semester... but I'm going to love it!!

It was an interesting first day... they have some strong level 2s and 3s! I liked the kids though, and they seemed to like me. I only worked with the 4s and 5s for about 20 minutes before I left to go to my broomball game (we won 4-1, it was awesome! I've got a nice bruise on my knee to show for it too!) I think I'm really going to like coaching again though because I can get into the gym and it makes me not procrastinate on my homework all day cause I know I'll be busy from 5:30-9:30.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back