Parents I'm so bummed out.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LoriLou

Proud Parent
DD's very first meet is on the 10th. She is L2 and a little nervous. Well, last night I found out that DS's first swim meet is the same day about 2 hours away. He was on the phone with me BEGGING me to go to his meet. My exDH and I are going to have to switch off meets. I'm going to swim and he is going to do gym. I just wish I could do it all!!! I was really looking forward to seeing DD compete, but I also don't want to miss DS either. Just a little bummed.....no advice needed.

We have 3 in 3 different year-round sports and we almost always have at least 2 with meets/ games on the same weekends. It really stinks. I feel for you. I usually go with dd while dh goes with the boys.

even if he wasn't your ex you would still have the same problem. imagine having a boy and girl gymnast. always a logistical nightmare.:)

This our first weekend of being forced to split up between kids. Not particularly thrilled, as it will be the first meet that I miss. We were fortunate in that when we (separately) asked each kid which parent they wanted at their event, we had one who said she was fine with either and one that had a preference, so we were able to make them both happy.

Yep! and it doesn't get any easier as they get older. I have 4 kids going 4 different directions. Not having a conflict, is unfortunately rare. In fact I will miss my DD first meet "fun meet" as a level 5, because I will be over 3 hours away at a soccer tournament for the weekend. I have to rely on her coaches to do her hair and friends to video tape her.

Sorry you are going to miss it.

I hear you. When both my girls competed I had one compete in a different city to the other on the same day. Dad never did gym meets and they both wanted me here to do hair and cheer etc. we had to toss a coin, but feelings were still hurt.

even if he wasn't your ex you would still have the same problem. imagine having a boy and girl gymnast. always a logistical nightmare.:)
I DO have a boy and girl in gym competing. It IS a logistical nightmare, especially since my dh NEVER is off on a Saturday. I just got confirmed meet schedules for them both, and we only have two conflicts-I'm considering myself lucky! The hard part is not knowing what session anyone is in until a week before the meets. Thank goodness for great coaches and teammates who are willing to help me with transpo, hair and cheering!! But I'm like the op....I don't want to have to choose or miss anything!!!

Reminds me of a tv commercial where parent or grandparent cant come to an event. So whoever came used iPad to live broadcast it :) might be a good option lol. Technology :)

I had 2 girls one USAG and one JOGA both with States on the same day!! Plus son in travel soccer.

It stinks to have to choose :(

Thanks guys! DH has been laughing at me because I keep describing it as "Sophie's Choice". I talked to one of my gym mom friends yesterday. She is going to video the entire event for me, and she knows exactly which pictures to take. I'm still bummed, but feeling a little better knowing I'll at least have something for the scrapbook.

Thanks guys! DH has been laughing at me because I keep describing it as "Sophie's Choice".
I knew it was coming for about a month, but when the decision finally was made about which parent was going to which sport, the fact that I was missing one of them became real. It's been weighing on me all week. I don't like it at all because I know both girls want both parents to come and watch them. I realize they're young and this will happen many more times, but the first time still sucks and it bursts the happy fantasy of getting to watch them all.

Your DD will have many more meets in her future! Its hard when its the first one. I wish we could all split ourselves in half and be at both places at the same time!

I have a level 5 boy and an x-cel platinum girl. 3 meets this year are on the same weekend in completely different places! Not sure how I'm going to work it out. My husband usually has to work weekends. YIKES!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back