Off Topic Is it serious?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Long story short. yesterday I hurt shoulder flying into my trampoline net, it feels like something is very off as well as slight pain when I brush my teeth and pain when I do basic gymnastics moves such as cartwheels (I tried one this morning to see how it felt).
Any way, I'm going to practice today and I am planing on telling my coach what happened. I can do thing such as dance throughs (it does hurt just a little bit to do some motions), conditioning, punch fronts. And that's about it.

I was just wondering, is this serious? Do I need to get an X-ray? Thanks!

I'd see if you can get in with PT asap. I know 5 people who have been dealing with shoulder issues lately. The one who started pt the day after the problem came up was back to normal in 2 weeks. The two who put it off for multiple months are looking at surgery for frozen shoulder. The two who waited just a little while and then went to the doctor both recovered with PT; but not as fast as the one who went right away.

^^^ agreed. See a physical therapist as soon as possible. If you can move it I doubt its broken - you would be in a lot more pain. But an orthopedic isn't a bad idea.

Thanks for the help. I went to practice on it today, (probably bad move) it went fine and it barely hurt at all. I talked to my parents about it and my parents said they think I should wait a week. But I don't really have my license yet so...

trampolines = bad
But I have had (from what it sounds like) similar pain from sleeping on my shoulder wrong, lol. 4 weeks of PT later, I was feeling better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back