Parents Is my daughter being punished?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,

As some of you may recall, my DD did not compete in 2010 after doing level 6 in 2009, and trained for a year+ for level 7. She has had three broken bones in that time, the last occuring one week before the start of her level 7 season. She has missed every meet so far. She is finally healed this week, and has been cleared to train. Her last meet of the season to qualify for states is next week, so what happens? She gets sick! She has only one week to train, to show her coaches that she can do it, and she catches some awful germ that puts her to bed. My poor DD just can't win. :(

I am so sorry. That really stinks. It seems like there have been so many bugs going around this winter, worse than during H1N1 season. Hope she feels better soon.

If she just got sick within the last 48 hours take her to the dr right away. They can check and see if it is the flu. If it is they can give her tamiflu and she could be better in just a few days. If it is the flu that is going around right now and does not get tamiflu she could be sick for up to 2 weeks (I am just getting over it! It is horrible!!!) Good luck to her!

I am SO sorry! Sometimes it just seems like certain kids (or adults for that matter) get into a string of bad luck...and that's all it is, bad luck. She sounds like she has been quite persistent and has persevered through all of this, so when she does get better and get back in the gym she is going to be a very strong person...and she absolutely HAS to have good things in her future. I hope she can get well very soon.

I know this probably won't help, but even if she doesn't get to compete, remember that it's not about the meets. It's about the fun they have everyday in the gym and the progress they make.

Oh my goodness, no advice but a big bucket of sympathy for your daughter and you! Maybe, after this, knock wood, she'll have a clean run of good health and great meets!

Well that just stinks!! Though it is good to hear that her injury has healed.
It has been going around where we live. Hope she feels better soon and has a chance to compete.

Thanks so much for all of your sympathy. I appreciate it. She felt better today and was able to train for four hours. Despite getting a black eye (hitting her eye on the beam), I thought she had a really good day. I still need to talk to her coaches and let them know that we want her to compete next week.

I don't think she has the flu. She didn't have a fever, and she got the flu shot months ago. Thanks for the advice, though.

Happy to hear she is feeling better. Sorry about the black-eye though...
We do not do flu shot anymore. I swear, every year my kids or I got them was the year we got the sickest, either with a bad flu or multiple illnesses. Since stopping we have all been much better. Maybe it is anecdotal, but I'm sticking with it!!

Hope her coaches let her compete.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back