WAG Is this okay for my gym bag?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gymnast123

So my old gym bag is pretty beat up. Holes, broken straps, and it's basically being held together by duct tape. I've had it since I switched to my current gym! That's why I bought a new bag only to find that it's incredibly small. In fact, it only fits my leotard and shorts (I go straight to practice after school and change at the gym). My question to you guys is should I use my new bag and just carry my grips and water bottle in my backpack? Or should I just keep using my old, ratty, but bigger one?

I'd say to get a new one that fits all your stuff properly... There's no point in having a tiny bag that only fits a leo and shorts, IMO

I agree with Flipomaniak. Honestly, using two separate bags to carry your gym stuff is a hassle and it's easy to get disorganized. If the old one works, use it, until you can find another bag.

Does your new gym have a team bag? Many gyms do so maybe you should consider getting that. If not, I'd use a large bag (our gym has duffle or backpack option) and carry all your stuff in one place.

My gym bag fit all my grips (at least 4 pair)...wristbands...wrist supports...8-10 rolls of tape...therabands...a large tape ball...3 or 4 McDonald's cheeseburgers...extra workout cloths...my shoes at a meet...and my Coleco Electronic Quarterback game!

Go with the old bag...or a another new larger bag.

coleco.JPG

From my experience, having a big gym bag is AMAZING. I got it for 9-5 practices over the summer when I had to bring lunch. Mine holds 2 pairs of grips in separate bags, 2 pairs of wrist guards, an ankle brace, a knee brace, a back brace, about 3 bottles of water,and then my tape bag for my ankle which currently has 3 rolls of tape and 2 pre wrap.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back