WAG Jacksonville, Florida Gyms?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 15064
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
D

Deleted member 15064

Does anyone have a recommendation they can give for a JO gym in or around this area?

We need a friendly enough, competent gym that will allow DD to join practices for the week of February 10-14. 2-3 sessions. In preparation for Magical Classic.

Our coaches have indicated this is done in the business. Any advice from veterans here is appreciated... Thanks!

No suggestions on gyms, but I am curious about this. I would think it might be necessary if you're away for an extended period of time and/or the gymnast is a high optional level. But if you're away for just a few days....? Do a lot of people do this?

Is your coach asking everyone on the team to train at another gym while down there? I am confused too. Is your coach going to be there training the team? Our team goes to a lot of travel meets and we are never told to train at another gym while away for a travel meet. What is your coach saying/meaning exactly? Doesn't he/she have any gym recommendations since he/she is asking you to do this?

No, it's not for the team or coaches.

DD is arriving Tuesday morning to stay with family in the Jacksonville area - meet is not until the weekend. This was the suggestion from the coaches because of the extended break in training.

I'll change flight dates if this doesn't work out.

Oh, I got you. I would just do a Google search for the nearest gyms to where you are staying and start from there and call around. Look at websites, mymeetscores, etc. Good luck.

IMO I would just have her stretch and do some conditioning and run her routines (minus the tumbling) wherever you are everyday and not stress too much. Its not like she'll be out of practice for too long- Tues- Sat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back