WAG Kickover help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

W

wizzie

I can get my kickover on a wedge mat and a 6 inch step up block. When I move to the floor, I can only kick up to like 70 degrees. My shoulders are past my hands. I can't really find anything less than my 6 inch block that would work for me to work down to the floor. Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

Sounds like you are doing good. Once you have made it as far as you have, I have my girls use a panel mat and start lowering it by one layer at a time as they get better. There finally comes a time of you just have to kick hard. I tell my girls to pretend they are going to kick the gold medal winning field goal in soccer! Keep at it, and it will come. :)

Use a panel mat folded in half. Start with it all folded up and take off one layer at a time.

I had problems with this recently too. All I can basically say is practice. I needed to learn how to use enough power to kickover. I used to only make it halfway or less and then kept getting better with each try. I know this may not help you much but that's pretty much all it takes.

A kickover isn't just kicking. You also have to pull your hips over your head. With a mat, they don't have to go as far, obviously. Coming from the ground they have to come all teh way up and over (this is the most common thing I see with my littles, is they're all kick and no pull).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back