Laurie Injured :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
Just saw this on Facebook. This is devastating news for her.

Latest from Rio:
The word is that US team member Laurie Hernandez has badly pulled hamstring. After yesterday’s podium training it was apparent that Hernandez was the one chosen not to do the all-around in the qualification round; hence, inhibiting her from a shot at the all-around final. Depending the severity of the injury now the question is if she will even compete or will the US team chose to replace her with an alternate. Stay tuned for additional info on this subject!

----

Edited to add she is denying it on twitter. So hopefully all is ok. fingers crossed

Just saw this on Facebook. This is devastating news for her.

Latest from Rio:
The word is that US team member Laurie Hernandez has badly pulled hamstring. After yesterday’s podium training it was apparent that Hernandez was the one chosen not to do the all-around in the qualification round; hence, inhibiting her from a shot at the all-around final. Depending the severity of the injury now the question is if she will even compete or will the US team chose to replace her with an alternate. Stay tuned for additional info on this subject!

This is just so sad! Hope she is OK.

Now IG is posting that she has a stomach muscle injury....I'm beginning to question their sources!

I'm really hoping it is false but athletes have been known to hide or even lie about injuries before to the public especially during a high stakes time like the Olympics. At any given time, we really just don't have any idea what small or not so small injuries/pain they are dealing with behind the scenes. It could all be total and complete lies this time but you just never really know for sure. Either way, even if there is some sort of injury, it seems like she is planning on competing regardless. However, I'm hoping that it is false and that Laurie and everyone else is healthy and injury-free.

She said on Twitter she isn't injured a few days ago - obviously the strain could have happened then - but I'm more of a mind that this is just (or mostly) a good rationale from USAG for why fans won't be seeing her in the All-Around.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back