Parents Leg Lifts

• Thread starter Thread starter Ex member
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
E

Ex member

I brought my dd a chin up bar nearly 3 weeks ago and she has gone from being unable to do a pull up to being able to do 5 pull ups (feet go back to the ground each time), the next thing we want to work on as well as continuing pull ups is leg lifts. Dd can lift her legs up together in a pike but can not quite get them horizontal yet, dd manages to hold her pike at her maximum lift for 4 seconds.

Dd's goal is to ger her feet to the bar in a pike as she wants to learn her pullover but is still building up strength, we do assisted leg lifts where I support her back and legs while she lifts her feet to the bar.

Do you have any exercises that will help with leg lifts, dd can lie on a mat and lift her legs to her head in a pike and she can do quite a few, apart from the above I don't know what else to try.

Thank you for any help or ideas.

Just keep trying the leg lifts. Soon she will get up. Try lifting each leg separately for a bit of variety. Also lifting them in straddle is slightly easier. Stickers always help.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will asked dd to give these a try next time she goes on the chin up bar.

Dd has a note book that we are using to write down the things she does, dd is also holding each of her splits for around a minute and a half over a cushion and dd is also doing her box splits against the sofa and tries to get as close as she can.

Dd gets to stamp each thing she does and when she has collected enough stamps she can have a treat. We are doing :

As many unassisted pullups as she can (she can only pull up by lifting from her toes first and then when she reaches her maximum pull up position she holds it in a tuck before lowering to the ground)

Assissted leg lifts
Hanging with legs in a pike (as high as she can keeping her legs straight), as long as she can.
Hanging in a Tuck

Left Leg Splits over a cushion
Right Leg Splits over a cushion
Box splits over a cushion and lay on the floor
Box splits against the sofa as far as she can go without causing pain.

Pull knees to stomach in a tuck and hold (up to one min) if you put something on her legs it will help. Start with twenty seconds.

Then from the tuck, try to stretch the legs up to the bar. Lower down as slowly as possible.

You can also help her lift her legs up, then have her bring them slowly down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back