WAG Leotard Fits?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Justmehere

Gymnast
Hi, everyone. I was wondering how leotards fit compared to other brands. The brands I have are Gk, Adidas, (both the old and new ones) Under Armour, Alpha Factor, Christian Moreau, and Milano. I am curious how plum leotards, Ozone, Dreamlight, and even Ivivva fit compared to these brands. Thanks.

Hi, everyone. I was wondering how leotards fit compared to other brands. The brands I have are Gk, Adidas, (both the old and new ones) Under Armour, Alpha Factor, Christian Moreau, and Milano. I am curious how plum leotards, Ozone, Dreamlight, and even Ivivva fit compared to these brands. Thanks.
I viva run small in length, ozone fit true to size compared to other brands and I think dream light are a little bigger I'm getting my first dream light in a few days I'll tell you then , and the one plum I have is a tad larger then my others

My daughter wears mostly GK and alpha factor. They fit her shape best and seem to be truest to sizing. She finds Plum very lean and they work well for petite build athletes but not so well for those broader torso (like hers). She really doesn't like the fit of Ivivva. Says they are too wide at the chest (and she's broad shouldered) and the front layer pulls down making the seam at the neck sit weird. Her favorite at the moment is from Triple Flip. I'd suggest sizing up with them though. When she was younger, we bought a lot of FlipFlop Leo's from ebay. True to size.

Ivivva gym leotards run small compared to their street wear- I wear a twelve in all street clothes with a slight bit of growing room, but a fourteen in gymnastics suits is a little smallish

My dd just got a dream light and I was surprised how different it fit. (smaller) She fits well into a GK or Alpha AXS and wears a size 10 in all of her clothes. We bought the dream light in a 12-14 for growth room and it fits slightly smaller than her GK. :(

My dd just got a dream light and I was surprised how different it fit. (smaller) She fits well into a GK or Alpha AXS and wears a size 10 in all of her clothes. We bought the dream light in a 12-14 for growth room and it fits slightly smaller than her GK. :(
You can't reply compare leotards to regular clothes, they'll always end up fitting differently

Plum fits much like GK and ozone is very true to size! Ozone does not have hang tags either so if you hate those that's a plus. Little side note here, has Dreamlight changed its sizing in the last 15 years? I bought an old velvet comp Leo (was worn once by original owner and velvet was not stretched out) from about 15 years ago off of ebay, the tag says a 12-14 but the size chart online says that should be no where close to fitting me! The seller originally said it was an AS otherwise I wouldn't of bought it, fortunately it fits me fine even though the size chart said I wear an AS!

Plum fits much like GK and ozone is very true to size! Ozone does not have hang tags either so if you hate those that's a plus. Little side note here, has Dreamlight changed its sizing in the last 15 years? I bought an old velvet comp Leo (was worn once by original owner and velvet was not stretched out) from about 15 years ago off of ebay, the tag says a 12-14 but the size chart online says that should be no where close to fitting me! The seller originally said it was an AS otherwise I wouldn't of bought it, fortunately it fits me fine even though the size chart said I wear an AS!

My old team had velvet Dreamlights a few years ago, and the one I was loaned was TEN years old. It was an AXS, my normal size, and I was swimming in it. It ended up being tailored to the size my teammate's size 8 or 10 leotard was! So Dreamlight definitely used to run HUGE

Okay thanks! That makes so much more sense!
My old team had velvet Dreamlights a few years ago, and the one I was loaned was TEN years old. It was an AXS, my normal size, and I was swimming in it. It ended up being tailored to the size my teammate's size 8 or 10 leotard was! So Dreamlight definitely used to run HUGE

I noticed that no one has mentioned Snowflake leotards. About 90% of my newly 9 year old leo's are Snowflake Leotards. She loves them. She has been in a Child Large since she started gymnastics 1 1/2 years ago. The only style that is too tight is the racer back... Everything else is perfect. I anticipate we will need to start purchasing the adult XS in the near future but for now, we are good. The fit is nice and the material holds up well... We have only noticed wear when the Leo has sparkly stuff on it.... But my daughter trains 16 hours a week and is pretty tough on them I think ( not to mention the hours of wear at home )

Rebeccas moms leos are also one of her favorite.... Even I love the feel of the material. She wears an 8 in those.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back