Anon Level 8 Vault coaching/training question?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (9c39)

How long preseason should a level 8 gymnasts be flipping their vault onto competition mats? We are about 3 months out and our gymnasts are flipping their Tsuks and Yurchenkos onto 2 stacked 8 inchers in the pit. How long before season should coaches be moving it to mats on the floor?

How long preseason should a level 8 gymnasts be flipping their vault onto competition mats? We are about 3 months out and our gymnasts are flipping their Tsuks and Yurchenkos onto 2 stacked 8 inchers in the pit. How long before season should coaches be moving it to mats on the floor?
Im a level 9 moving my tsuk layout to mats. I’m at 2-3 8 in here right now, very close to ready for hard surface but only a month out versus three from meet season. Especially when first starting flipping vaults on hard landing it normally takes time to learn how to not over rotate in my experience if you’re getting a good block: I would say three months gives plenty of time to do this. Try to aim for comp landings on hard surface in about another month I’d say. Good luck to your girls!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back