WAG Level 9 2 pass floor routine help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast28

Gymnast
I have been struggling to find level 9 passes that will work for me I have strong back twisting but for whatever reason can’t punch out of it so I’ve never been able to do half punch front and haven’t even attempted to try a 1 and a half punch front. Due to a coaching problem I didn’t work much front tumbling so front twisting is a struggle and I just recently started working front fronts. I’ve gotten to the point where I can do a front tuck front lay but am still struggling to find something that will work for next season. My level 8 passes are front to back half and back full and my coach wants me to stick with a 2 pass routine. What exactly are the requirements for floor as I haven’t been given a straight answer and any tumbling pass suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My daughter's response:

You need a pass with 2 saltos in it and one front/back element each. I would say back double twist (D) and front lay front pike or front pike front lay (B+B), which I think gives .1 of bonus, but it might still be missing .1 of bonus. Another option would be front tuck stepout to back 1.5 instead of the lay pike. This would be a 2 salto pass and allow for more opportunities to back twist. Since there is no direct connection here you might lose a tenth in bonus. Other pass could still be the double and you would just have to incorporate a different front skill into the dance.

To get the 0.5 for the start value, you only need a pass with 2 saltos, and another pass with a minmum of "B" salto. However, you not lose 0.5-0.2 in difficulty, you have to do two pass of "C" + "B" saltos directly(?) connected. Passes you can work on are back 1.5 step out to r(bh) back full and front layout front pike. (you would probably on lose about 0.1 in difficulty with these passes)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back