WAG Level 9 Floor Composition Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

IFlyNavy

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Specific to tumbling passes and required bonus. My concern is I recently read that at Level 9 if you do a 2 pass routine, that each pass had to include a "C" Level Salto. However, when looking at the Code of Points, I do not see that as a requirement (that I can see). The only thing mentioned is a B Dismount, and 4 "A", 3 "B", 1 "C" skills.

My question is, dance aside, would the following 2 passes fulfil the requirements for a 2 pass routine.
1. Round Off, back handspring, back 1 1/2 punch Pike ( C+B = .2 bonus)
2. Front Handspring, Front Layout, Front Pike ( A+B+B = .1 bonus).

All other requirements aside that would give her the "C" Skill, and the .3 bonus required. That makes me think that there is no requirement for a "C" Skill in each of the tumbling passes?

The issue would be in the "Up to Level" deduction. If I am reading correctly, she would have a 0.20 up to level deduction for only 1 C acro in a 2 pass routine.

What are the chances of turning the front pike (or front layout) into a front full?

Attachments

• Level 9 FX.jpg
    Level 9 FX.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 4
Strong possibility - Can do a front half, just haven't prioritized the full.

No more curious as to why I caught this vs. the coach\choreo. Could have adjusted this months ago, or prioritized front twisting.

Thank you.

Strong possibility - Can do a front half, just haven't prioritized the full.

No more curious as to why I caught this vs. the coach\choreo. Could have adjusted this months ago, or prioritized front twisting.

Thank you.
You're welcome.
It depends on the gym. Some are willing to take the "up to level" deduction as long as the gymnast has the 10.0 SV on each event.
Since there is a big jump from L9 to L10, some gyms expect girls to compete L9 for 2 years, so they figure they can add more difficulty as time goes on.

If USAG wants them to have multiple Cs at L9, I, personally, think that they should make that part of the requirements.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back