WAG Levering in and out of skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

Do you guys know if your supposed to lever? My coach that is a new judge said no more obvious levers, you pass through the position but don't pause like the old routines required. Are you supposed to lever? Certain skills? Apparently it might be a text error if you lever out... we always used to get nailed for not levering... and now that we have to switch it; it's hard to break the previous habits.

I really want to hear the answer to this. Our gym really emphasizes obvious levers...coming down from handstands, backwalkovers etc. Anyone have info?

I know you need to"T" in and out of skills. It use to be to arabesque out of hand stand and bwo where you hold that position. Now they want to see your body pass through the T. So from a handstand....as your back foot comes down, your chest and arms lift up. Focusing on keeping that straight line from hands to feet. You don't hold it but have to show it. And not arch the back like an arabesque .
T Lever to Handstand:

Not best of form but gives an idea of keeping the straight line from hands to feet.

DDs coaches tell the girls they need to see the "T" in and out of skills (on beam especially) for L4 and L5 specifically. Assuming it's the same for L3 and below, just don't know enough about those.

I coach a group of girls who were NOT taught to go through a T position and it has led to some deficiencies in their gymnastics- especially handstands on beam. And to teach that action, I have found that exaggerating it seems to be the best method (pausing or going VERY slowly through that position).

Do you guys know if your supposed to lever? My coach that is a new judge said no more obvious levers, you pass through the position but don't pause like the old routines required. Are you supposed to lever? Certain skills? Apparently it might be a text error if you lever out... we always used to get nailed for not levering... and now that we have to switch it; it's hard to break the previous habits.
We actually had a meeting last night where a judge came in and when through deductions and at least at compulsary levels it is a deduction.

S
We actually had a meeting last night where a judge came in and when through deductions and at least at compulsary levels it is a deduction.
So we should stop levering in and out of skills?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back