Live Coverage-ish

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
What is the point of NBC saying it's a live stream when they don't even bother to show the US team? 2 events in and we've seen 2 US vaults and 1 PB routine.

If you're planning a viewing party for the women's team qualifying or final, it doesn't appear you'll actually see the women's team, based on what they're showing for the men.

SO OVER NBC! :mad:

Yes, the individual event feeds are nice. We had one computer on the general one, and one following different events. That was fun. I am interested to see how much they show tonigh. So far..just Brazil.

Last edited:
You have to watch the individual feeds I guess. But I still would have expected more routines in the overall one, maybe a few on a slight delay? I mean I feel like there was a lot of time when the camera was just replaying stuff we really didn't need to see again ("look at his wrists on the rings! look at him mess up on pommels! look at them standing around drinking water! look at Danell appearing to have some kind of convulsions for no apparent reason!"). There was plenty of space to insert in some other routines and they surely have the ability as they showed a few on a slight delay. I understand they can't show every routine on the overall one at once, but watching from a feed as a U.S. user I would have at the very least expected to see every USA routine and then highlights from others (Brits on pommel, etc).

You know I can't say it enough, my live stream yesterday showed the empty PH and vault in favour of routines from the other teams. I was sitting there with my mouth wide open, I couldn't believe it.
Sounds like NBC was even worse though.

Yeah, the reason I want to watch the overall one is because they put the scores and standings in a lot more than when I turned to the individual ones. Totally get the overall one can't show every routine but to watch China this morning I resorted to the individual ones mostly. Every time I clicked to overall they seemed to be showing disproportionately floor routines. If this was a widely viewed stream, I get that floor routine is most exciting for the average viewer, but I would assume the live stream are mostly niche users who want to see all events equally, predominately featuring the teams in medal contention (so, China this morning) or individuals in medal contention or with some special skill or highlight.

The good thing is on the NBC app for US users they seem to have all the men's feeds up from yesterday in the "replays" so if we don't get all the women's routines today, at least we'll be able to watch on Monday. I don't get why we can't see this morning's now, but I guess we get it tomorrow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back