Looking for a gym in the Phoenix, AZ area

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We plan to move to Phoenix, AZ (thinking near Chandler, Gilbert, or Ahwatukee Foothills) early this summer. My daughter who is 7 is involved in both dance and gymnastics. She has been competing in dance the last 3 years and loves it. She also loves gymnastics!! She's extremely flexible and I feel like gymnastics is more her niche even though I am more experienced with the dance world. She has been participating within a pre-team group this year but I know she could be moving along faster with better coaching. I just haven't done any switches since all will be changing come June. She is used to doing skills on trampoline, bars, beam, and floor. Also, anywhere I can find a list of what skills are done at what levels?? Does this vary by gyms?? Any advice would be appreciated!

I don't know much about AZ geography, but I just google mapped it and it looks fairly close to Mesa. Look into Carter's Gymnastics in Mesa (I think it's in Mesa...I'm very far from AZ, sorry! But the owners used to coach in my region, they're very knowledgeable and involved in USA Gymnastics, they have a strong program and I have found them to be good coaches).

Hi! I live in the area you are looking at.... My daughters are at Desert Lights Gymnastics and love it! You can find more information on the website: www.desertlightsgymnastics.net or feel free to send me a private message if you have any more specific questions. Desert Lights is definitely the closest gym to the Ahwatukee area. But, we are lucky to have a lot of strong gym programs in the east valley - Gold Medal Gymnastics, Team Dynamics, Carter's, Desert Devils, etc. I am sure you can find a great program here to fit your daughter.

Last edited:
Hi, there! we are on the extreme east of the valley, but if we were where you are looking at moving to, my kids would go to Desert Lights. We have a friend who's daughter was a level 10 gymnast there with them- I think she went her whole gym career there. They had nothing but good things to say about their program. It's just too far of a drive for us.
We also have friends who have girls at Team Dynamics in Chandler, and they seem to like it there really well, too.

Thank you to all who has posted so far with their suggestions on gyms in the area. We so appreciate it. We will also definitely visit some of these gyms when we travel there before our move. My cousin who lives in Phoenix suggested we also look into Aspire. Any thoughts on that gym program??

Aspire would be one of my top choices if we were in that area, great program, AMAZING facility. :) There are sooo many great (and very different, from extreme to more relaxed) gyms on that side of town. Definitely try out at a few and drive there during traffic times so you can get a good feel for what the travel time will be realistically. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back