Parents Love/Hate

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love that she's proud of herself when she gets a new skill.
I hate that she experiences mental blocks/fears.

I hate watching beam during a competition. Can't do it.

I want to video this year and not sure how I will be able to point the camera at the beam.

I have the same problem on all events, but especially with beam. If my husband is there, I make him record. If not, I will ask another mom on team whose daughter is not yet up to record for me. I offer to do the same for her. Then a) I can watch and b) I know the camera is steady. Good luck.

I love that she is so strong and confident in her physical abilities and works hard at improving.

I hate not necessarily the time commitment itself, but that the time commitment limits and restricts her chance to pursue other interests. She has a lot of other talents and interests she pretty much can't pursue. She's not going to be a gymnast forever, so I worry that she's not developing what might come next.

I love that she found her "thing" so early in life, and that she eat sleeps and breathes gymnastics, and pushes herself every day.

I hate the parents on the "inside" who are petty and competitive with each other over their child's sport (or with me, who isn't petty and competitive)....and the parents on the "outside" who don't understand.

"Hate" seems like such a strong word when talking about actual people, but y'all get what I mean :)

I love watching my timid daughter put hard work and effort into every hour she is at gym, even when she doesn't gain skills right away. I love watching her be genuinely happy for teammates who finally get an elusive skill. I love that she has found "her sport" after watching her brother excel in multiple sports for years.

I hate that it takes so many hours at such a young age and can take a toll on their bodies. I hate that a lot of people only think about the Olympic level when they think of gymnastics. I hate that there is a mean girl who brags about herself and puts down my daughter.

I love watching her grow physically and mentally doing what she loves the most.

I hate how crazy I sound when I'm trying to describe our meet schedule and hours to non gymnastics families. :)

Full disclosure: never tried them. But have seen parents eating them. Sounds weird. People say they are awesome.

And i walked past mini oxygen shot canisters for athletes at a sporting good store yesterday...and almost caved.
I was at a gift shop type place last week and they had these flask things that were masquerading as other items...so there was a hair brush, a sunscreen bottle, hand lotion, etc. I should have gotten one! I mean we always end up needing hairbrushes at meets right? It's a win win!

I was listening to talk radio today and the host was talking about happiness. I only caught a bit of it but the gist was that being happy is different than having fun. That happiness comes from working hard and learning/advancing/achieving from your own hard work.

So I realized that was my love regarding my sons doing gymnastics. That it brings them happiness.

My hate is the financial burden.

I love watching my DD grow stronger and learn new skills. I love seeing her excitement when she finally gets that skill she has been working so hard for.

I hate when coaches don't believe in my child and give her the attention and time she deserves. We have a huge favoritism issue at our gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back