Parents Making the move

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, we can also be added to the list of those that have switched gyms. We had made the decision to switch back in the spring, but then we were reassured by the owner/HC that things would be better, so we stayed. However, it went downhill quick this week, so we've made it official. DD was tested at the new gym, placed better than I expected, given the very high caliber of the gym we're switching to. So, we told the old gym on Friday and she starts in a week. She's nervous about leaving her gym friends, but she knows that she will make new friends and I think deep down, she is very excited. Even at 7 years old, she has said many times that she would much rather be "the small fish" on a very good team than "the big fish" on a so-so team, so she is in the right place. It will be a different atmosphere and she'll have a period of time where they will be trying to break some of her bad habits that were formed at the old gym, but in the end, it was really nice for someone to acknowledge her hard work this past year. Plus, she's very excited about being able to work on TOPS since she loves conditioning.

It's been a long and stressful year, but now it's time to turn that page and start new.

Good luck your daughter at the new gym! Switching is hard and can be emotional, but you know if it's the right thing to do. I was so torn up inside about switching gyms, but I can honestly say it is the best decision we could have made. We switched to a more serious gym, too, and my daughter is thriving and so happy, there. I hope it is the same for your DD.

Hope you guys love your new gym! We changed about a year ago. It was tough at first, but in the end it was worth it..my kids have learned so much since switching! And they still keep in contact with their friends from the old gym, so I am sure your DD can still stay in contact with her friends too! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back