Gymnasts Meniscus Recovery time? Any information is helpful!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

MichiganXcelGymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
I have a question about Meniscus recovery. I am currently an Xcel platinum gymnast and am having knee pain. I’ve had an MRI where they discovered that I have a possible Meniscus tear. I am waiting for my appointment with the surgeon to decide on surgery. But I am curious to know what the recovery time is like for gymnasts. So any parents, gymnasts, or coaches who have had experience with meniscus recovery please tell me what it was like. (How old were they when they had recovery? What level were they competing before the injury? How long until they could return to practice and do like exercises not using the knee? How long until fully back to training? How long until they were ready to compete again and what level they came back to? Etc.)

Thanks for everyone’s information! You are really helping me make my decision!

I have a question about Meniscus recovery. I am currently an Xcel platinum gymnast and am having knee pain. I’ve had an MRI where they discovered that I have a possible Meniscus tear. I am waiting for my appointment with the surgeon to decide on surgery. But I am curious to know what the recovery time is like for gymnasts. So any parents, gymnasts, or coaches who have had experience with meniscus recovery please tell me what it was like. (How old were they when they had recovery? What level were they competing before the injury? How long until they could return to practice and do like exercises not using the knee? How long until fully back to training? How long until they were ready to compete again and what level they came back to? Etc.)

Thanks for everyone’s information! You are really helping me make my decision!
hey! i don’t know if it will be the same for you, but my doctor thought i could potentially have a meniscus tear but after getting an mri, turns out it was just a bone bruise. i was on crutches for about a week, and then i wasn’t allowed to do any running/jumping on my knee for about 3 more weeks. and then when i came back i had to be in a knee brace. hoping you have a smooth recovery

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back