Miss Morgan, college bound to ALASKA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, I had posted a couple weeks ago about Miss Morgan competing with 3 other girls from the USA for a single spot on the Alaska team. She was supposed to know by this past friday if she made the team or not. Well, Im only at the gym on tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays (tues and thurs to get my son from preschool, and wed to get Kadee from gym) and hadnt heard ANYTHING. Nothing was in the paper..NOTHING. I was thinking it was not a good sign. But when I got Kadee today after practice I asked Morgan if she made it and she said YES! She got a full ride scholarship. She was slected as the one and only gymnast to be added to the team for next school year. She said when she signs her papers and such they will run another story in the paper. She is the first gymnast from our gym to go to college on a gymnastics scholarship. It is soooo hard around here for that to happen. Very few high schools in our state have a gymnastics team. So they just dont get the exsposure that some other girls get. Hopefully her getting a scholarship will help open doors for future kiddos.
We are so proud of Morgan. She is an exceptional young woman. And the younger team gymmies will miss her like crazy next year. I know my Kadee will. She loves Morgan to death. She's kinda like that stern older sister to them. Pushes them when they need pushed..but she is not afraid to pick them up and hold them and love them when thats what they need too. They all look up to her, and now they have even more of a reason to look up to her. The fact that she made it, with alot of things stacked against her. Just our location in general being a major one, and showing that even with all that, you can still make it to your dreams. Set realistic goals and go for it.
So everyone THANK YOU so much for the faries..they did their job for sure. I am so proud and happy beyond words for her. Kinda funny how all the girls become like a big family, and you as parents almost come to think of each of them as "your own" in a sense. She will be missed like there is no tomorrow. But I wouldnt wish her to stay at the gym for nothing. She needs to think of her now..she has spent many years (been helping little team kids for a few years) thinking of others..its her time now.
Just wanted to let everyone know. Again, thanks so much.
This is Miss Morgan giving Kadee a heavy spot on a back handspring at a 4th of July show they did at Oaklawn racetrack
4thofJuly0332.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT NEWS!! goodluck to her and i love the pic!! Kadee is so cute :)

Awesome news! It's always great to hear about hardworking kids getting rewarded for their effort, especially when they are not only great as an athlete but also as a human being. What a great role model for Kadee and the other younger girls at the gym! She should be very proud of herself.

Awesome news! Congratulations to Miss Morgan. How very exciting for her and for your gym!

Congratulations to her! I love to see girls be able to continue on in their sport after high school and what a great gift of a scholarship.

on a side note...Alaska....bbbrrrr :)

Congratulations to Miss Morgan! She should prepare for cold, dark winters, but what a great opportunity for her!

Awesome! But so far away!! My daughter's teammate just signed for Georgia. She graduated last Wednesday, and was a Gymdog on Thursday. It is such an inspiration for the younger gymnasts when their teammate makes it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back