Parents Movin' on up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, this week when I went to get Kadee from gymnastics the HC told me that Kadee will def be moving up to L3. They have been uptraining the last month with all the L2s from this season. They wont make their offical announement until June/July but the coaches said its a done deal with her.
They want her to start going on fridays also now. She normaly just goes for 2 hrs on wednesday. She will be training with the repeating L3 girls vrs uptraining with the L2s.
So, her hours in the gym have more than doubled. 5 hrs a week now vrs 2. And the monthly tuition has gone up another 60 bucks a month...lol. They said normaly their L3s train 6 hrs a week (2 3hr practices), but they normaly do not like them to have more hours in the gym, than years they have on them..lol. So she will do 2 hrs on wednesday like normal then 3 hrs friday. Once she turns 6 in Aug then they will up her to 6 hrs.
Its kinda sad that she is leaving her "friends" class, (she will be there at the same time on wednesday as they are, just not with them anymore) but hopefully the other girls will catch up and def move up too come June/July when the make it offical what level they will be.
Kadee is very excited though to be spending more time in the gym. She loves it there..I can truely say, that the gym is one of the places where she is the happiest.
I just hope the other girls move up too.

Congratulations Kadee !!!!!! Hope she enjoys her extra.time in the gym. I'm sure she will make friends in her new class.

Congratulation to Kadee!

That is such a cute philosphy not to have more gym hours than years. I'll have to remember that for my little dd. And so nice of you to think about her friends in class. It always has a way of working itself out.

Thank you everyone. She is just so excited to start training with the current L3s. She is driving me bananas. "Momma..how many days till wednesday"? Momma, I start training with the L3s THIS week, right"? Then she starts asking about "M" and "K"..are they going to move up with me? Why arent they moving up now too? I just try to tell her that they are not ready just yet, but they have until June/July to get there...just be patient. I know she is going to miss them, those three are the three musketeers, three amigos, three stooges..lol. They went from the advanced preschool class together (only the three of them in it), to L2 together..so at 5 yrs old..thats alot of time to be with someone. Shes good friends with the L3 girls. All the girls in that gym are increadibly close. So I know she will feel comfortable with them, I just hope she doesnt let the others not moving yet bother her. Fridays will be no big deal, because they wont be there anyway. But wednesdays they will be and Kadee wont be with them anymore. So we shall see. I know they say dont invite trouble but I worry WAY to much. I make myself crazy with it..lol.
Anyway, thank you all so much. She is tickled pink..and cant wait until wednesday. Towards the end of May they have an in-house "show" where the parents come in and watch and they show off all the new things they have learned since meet season..they give each girl a trophy and an award for something they are "great" at. Sometimes its and actuall element..sometimes its just best smile, or awesome attitude. Its cute and it's the gyms way to personaly show their appreciation for all their hard work. So Im looking forward to that to see just what all she is learning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back