Parents My DD made it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All,

Some of you may remember my DD's struggles with this sport. She has had three broken bones in the past year, and after 9 years, she quit on the last day of March.

Today she tried out for cheer at her high school, and she made it! She was a little nervous having to do a BHS on a wood floor, but she did it. I'm so proud!

Congrats to her! Glad she has found something else she likes to do. I am sure they will love having a gymnast on the team. :)

Congrats to her. My daughter who very recently decided to leave gymnastics is thinking about cheer she is only going into 6th grade. Let us know how it works out. I must admit it scares me because I do not know anything about it but I have heard that it is not as regulated as gymnastics and I worry about saftey. I am cringing thinking about daughter tumbling on hard floors since daughter has had a lot of injuries tumbling on springfloors. I know my daughters schools cheerteam since they are young and not really competitive that the girls really only do cartwheels but I am sure daughter would end up doing backhandsprings. In our area there are no highschool gymnastics teams but there are cheer teams so it would give her an option in high school. I quess I just feel safer with daughter being in the gym since I know the coaches its just the fear of th unknown.

Thank you all for your congratulations. She is so happy. Yesterday some school friends took her out for ice cream to celebrate. When she was at gym, she never had time to go out with her school friends.

@Panda-girl's Mom, she is still taking a tumbling class. That has helped with her confidence level. She also spoke to her tumbling coach about tumbling on the hard floor during tryouts, and he helped her a lot to gain the mental strength to do it. I highly recommend that your daughter continues taking a tumbling class at the gym to keep up her skills and confidence to go into cheer.

Glad your daughter is happy. It is encouraging. Cheer does not start till Fall. I will see what she wants to do then about tumbling I think she is still having too much wrist and heel pain to do anything now. I am hoping her pain will feel better by the fall. At her level of cheerleading middle school I do not think they expect much. Good luck to your daughter it is nice that she can keep a connection to the gym with tumbling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back