WAG mymeetscores posting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Any college gym recruiter using that site would immediately be off my dd’s list if for no other reason than not knowing how to get real scores for a potential recruit.

Mymeetscores needs to just go into the history books and people need to stop putting so much stock in the bad data contained there.
Never once has a recruiter asked about my L10's scores. It is all about skills and athleticism as far as I have seen.

Never once has a recruiter asked about my L10's scores. It is all about skills and athleticism as far as I have seen.

Exactly, Phenom_Dad! Mymeetscores is useless and as a result of its horrible inaccuracies, causes great confusion.

I thought this confusion was why USAG created their own scoring app? Or is that something completely different?

I didn't know the USAG Scoring App had a historical aspect to it; I thought it was just for live score reporting on a meet. To be honest, I found trying to use the USAG app much more trouble than it was worth, from a meet director's point of view.

But don't think for a second that the recruiter doesn't know what scores your daughter is getting....they probably are taking into account your gym, region, the meets attended and how others scored compared to her as well but they definitely know whether she is consistently a 33-34 AA level 10 versus a 36-37 AA....

But don't think for a second that the recruiter doesn't know what scores your daughter is getting....they probably are taking into account your gym, region, the meets attended and how others scored compared to her as well but they definitely know whether she is consistently a 33-34 AA level 10 versus a 36-37 AA....
no doubt, but it has not been a topic of converstion.

Curious how they would know if scores sites are not right. WE don't even know all the scores because some are not posted. I always forget to write down the scores at meets and I can't ever seem to remember them after the meet. Maybe roughly around this or that, but not the actual score. We always assume we can go home and look them up. Not so!

Do they email every club coach to ask them for scores for every recruit? That's kind of insane. Do club coaches have all the scores for the team from every meet? It would really be nice to have all the scores neatly in one place.

Yes, I noticed last week that several of my daughter's top 100 scores went missing, even though the score itself still falls within the top 100. I see that other gymnasts still have their top 100 # posted in the same level. I can't find a rhyme or reason to it. Several girls "from our gym" lost their standings, but not all from our gym, and not even an entire meet went missing. So I don't know! It's definitely frustrating, because she worked hard for those scores, but what ca you do. :(
So glad I found this thread because I've been trying to figure out for days how to contact mymeetscores regarding the top 100 list. According to what's currently there my daughter should be on the list in a few places. After seeing the comments on how the sight is lacking in lots of things I won't even waste my time. Bummer too because she really liked seeing her name on the list last season.

Curious how they would know if scores sites are not right. WE don't even know all the scores because some are not posted. I always forget to write down the scores at meets and I can't ever seem to remember them after the meet. Maybe roughly around this or that, but not the actual score. We always assume we can go home and look them up. Not so!

Do they email every club coach to ask them for scores for every recruit? That's kind of insane. Do club coaches have all the scores for the team from every meet? It would really be nice to have all the scores neatly in one place.

College coaches are first interested in what skills gymnasts have and 2nd what skills they have and can consistently compete well. So, it's not like they are looking up scores of lots of girls...basically, once you are on their radar, then they will be wanting to know scores. But their first interest comes from completing the college forms on the website, sending them the initial e-mail and videos of skills. It is only after they like what they see in terms of skills that they are interested in how consistent you are. Scores alone don't really tell them a whole lot....for example, a clean bar routine without a single bar release skill can score well in JO but would not attract attention of college coach as it is a required element for college routines. - My dd's experience once she was on their radar was that the coaches asked her for updates and it was her responsibility to send them meet videos and scores after meets. They did seem more interested in the videos than the scores.

definitely true though technically, single bar release isn't required skill in college.... see kyla ross' bar routine...

College coaches are first interested in what skills gymnasts have and 2nd what skills they have and can consistently compete well. So, it's not like they are looking up scores of lots of girls...basically, once you are on their radar, then they will be wanting to know scores. But their first interest comes from completing the college forms on the website, sending them the initial e-mail and videos of skills. It is only after they like what they see in terms of skills that they are interested in how consistent you are. Scores alone don't really tell them a whole lot....for example, a clean bar routine without a single bar release skill can score well in JO but would not attract attention of college coach as it is a required element for college routines. - My dd's experience once she was on their radar was that the coaches asked her for updates and it was her responsibility to send them meet videos and scores after meets. They did seem more interested in the videos than the scores.

definitely true though technically, single bar release isn't required skill in college.... see kyla ross' bar routine...

Yes, you are correct, you can have:
A single bar release with a minimum of “D” value OR an “E” release move OR minimum of two “D” releases OR minimum two “E” level skills....and yes it for the .1 'difficulty' but in NCAA they want every little tenth :)

Yes, you are correct, you can have:
A single bar release with a minimum of “D” value OR an “E” release move OR minimum of two “D” releases OR minimum two “E” level skills....and yes it for the .1 'difficulty' but in NCAA they want every little tenth :)

getting off topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing bonuses or requirements for "E" pass on floor too... and maybe dismount bonus on beam so less gainer fulls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back