Needing good luck fairies...mostly for ME!! (lol)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
I don't know how I am going to live through tomorrow...lol. Tell me some of you veteran gymmie parents have survived two meets in one day!!

My dd has a meet that is about an hour and a half away from us...march in at 9 am. They say awards will begin about noon...maybe. One of the coaches who is a level 4 girls coach and the boys team HC is going directly from that meet to a "strength" meet for the boys and taking my son with him. After awards are over, my dd and I will fly down to that gym...about 45 min to an hour south of HER meet and see the boys' meet. Their awards are set to begin at 5 pm. After all of this, we will pour ourselves back into our car for the ride home...about an hour and a half.

...did I mention that I LOATHE driving...?:D
and that my dh gets to miss all of this drama because he will be working all day. ( I did suggest that I go to work for him and he could do this marathon day with the kids...he didn't go for it...)

So, anyway, dear CB friends...My two gymmies would love the good luck fairies...but I think mom needs them more!!:p

Wow! :eek:That is a jam packed day! I'm SO happy to say that No, I've never done anything like that. I've a few friends that have more than one gymnast dd, but their session were at least at the same venue.

I'm sending you lots of "starbucks fairies" and maybe a few "take a few deep breaths" fairies.

Good luck to both of your gymmies this weekend!!!!

I am sending you the 'chill' fairies and the 'just sit back and smile and be the proud mama' fairies. :)

let us know how they get on.

Crazy day, but you will also have lots of fun watching your gymmies. Lots of luck to both of them

Good luck, I have done it a few times and survived. AT least you only have to do gym hair on one kid! MAke sure you eat well though, ugly melt downs are not cute in someone our age!!!

YIKES !!!! good luck. I cannot believe your DH would not step up to the plate and switch places :D

Just try to relax & enjoy watching your little gymmies.

Thanks, guys! Well, we survived! And yes, Starbucks helped!! lol.

Traffic was light, and I didn't have any probs with all the driving. My dd had her best floor and beam scores ever, ending up with a 5th place AA finish. (she had some trouble on bars...that darn blankety-blank middle circle again!!)She has been bitten by the competitive bug and can't wait to get back to another competition! She only has one left this season. her coach won't take her to states, because he requires a 34 AA for them to go, and she got a 33.925. She is berating herself for missing that middle circle because she REALLY wanted to go to states.
My ds did pretty good at the strength meet, too. He has only been a level 4 for two weeks and is still transitioning to 9 hrs instead of 6hrs a week but he's getting the hang of it. I must say, he is not nearly as competitive as my dd. She lives for gym. He's just happy to go to workouts, lol. Amazing how two kids can be related and yet be so different-personality wise!!

However, I am NOT looking forward to ever doing a day like this again. At least not till next year...:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back