WAG New Blog!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

GymCoachR2

Coach
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share the new blog I started at http://swingbig.org . It's mostly targeted to coaches. It will have drills and interesting gymnastics that I think professionals and possibly gymnasts and their parents will find interesting. Please check it out if you get a chance and tell me what you think!

Thanks!

Went to check it out, had to see if it led to a site full of ads you know!!! But the address takes me nowhere.

It's very nice. Funny I did a search on google, it brought up a Canadian website with a similar name. Then I wrote it in the address bar and it wasn't going anywhere. Probably my internet explorer playing it's usual silly jokes on me. Great blog, will enjoy it more later. Welcome to the Chalkbucket by the way.

Both links worked for me

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I plan to post everyday :) I just want the stuff I post to be interesting/useful. So any suggestions as to what you would like to see or what is good is greatly appreciated!

Now that I have a few more posts on it so you all can see what I am trying to do. Do you guys have any suggestions for a post themes, or skills that you have trouble teaching that you need ideas for? I'm totally open to suggestions, I really want this blog to be useful.

I just checked out your blog. I really enjoyed it. It was very informative. I am just sad because unfortunately my daughter who is now a Level 9 did not get anywhere close to being trained like any of the gymnasts in the videos. Hopefully, her new coach will correct all the bad habits she learned from her old gym. I am looking forward to following your blog. My daughter has a planche mount on beam. Do you have any planche drills or strenghtening exercises? The exercises we found on youtube seem so hard for an 11 year old.

I've never actually taught a planche to a child. I've known children that do them, but it has normally been because they already have the strength/ability and was just a fun skill to throw in their routine because they could already do it. I know a lot of people start out with a tuck progression. Starting sitting on knees with your hands flat on the floor and trying to get your knees/shins off the ground. When that becomes easier the gymnast can work on straightening her legs.

Also anything like this on an exercise ball where her shoulders over (read:not on top of) her hands would be good.

How to Planche Tutorial TIP- Learning the planche progression exercises - YouTube

I've never actually taught a planche to a child. I've known children that do them, but it has normally been because they already have the strength/ability and was just a fun skill to throw in their routine because they could already do it. I know a lot of people start out with a tuck progression. Starting sitting on knees with your hands flat on the floor and trying to get your knees/shins off the ground. When that becomes easier the gymnast can work on straightening her legs.

Also anything like this on an exercise ball where her shoulders over (read:not on top of) her hands would be good.

How to Planche Tutorial TIP- Learning the planche progression exercises - YouTube

Nice! Thanks!

My daughter's former coach put it in her beam routine and new coach has kept it in. She has a slight tilt but I don't think it is enough and no one is helping her improve it. So, I guess that is why. I'll show her the video. Thanks again. More power to your blog. Looking forward to more of your posts. I am certain many will benefit from it.

Great site...thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back