Parents New coach, what a difference!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
N

NGL780309

DD had kind of a rough week at gym with all the drama I posted about on Monday. I had always thought her coach was postive in the beginning, but it seems like she is stressed lately about the first meet next weekend and has been very irritable.

They had an extra practice for beam and vault today and the L5/6 coach was there along with her L4 coach. The new coach had a drill set up for vault and DD was doing so well. The coach actually stopped and said to the group of L4-6 girls that DD was outreaching all of them even though she's way smaller than everyone else. DD was just beaming! Was it true? I don't know or care. I could see DD vaulting so well because she felt so encouraged and proud. She was just feeling so good about herself. She really struggles with vault and this coach had her vaulting by herself and then even over the vault table into the pit. When they were vaulting over the table with the L5/6 girls the coach asked the others "Why is the 5 year old the only one with a tight body?" I think she was just using DD to motivate the others, but it really motivated her. She actually made her run longer on vault too and what a difference! DD's coach has her start so much closer to the vault than her teammates I guess because she's shorter, but a longer run really seemed to help her.

On beam, which DD is actually pretty good at, she had a few turns with the new coach. She caught a lot of things that were being overlooked and she made her L5 girls stop and watch DD's dismount. After the whole practice this coach brought DD out and told me how she can't believe how good she is and how surprised she was. DD so needed this encouragement! I know she's a good gymnast. She wouldn't be doing L4 as a 5 year old if she didn't have some ability, but it was so nice to hear it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back