New girl clinging to my Pre-Team partner?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
There's a girl that's in my teen tumbling class and she is friends with my Pre-Team partner. And she will be in my Pre-Team today though she didn't come last time. I asked her if she was in my Pre-Team and she was like yeah I was already in it the session before but I quit because of soccer but I'm back in it now. The only girl I like in my pre-team is the oldest one in there and we were partners for everything and now that this other girl is in it I might be alone :(. What should I do? I'm already getting there early to try to tell her we should be partners.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

Think about it this way: The new girl's only friend might also be your partner. Also, put yourself in her shoes: She might be thinking "Why is this new girl clinging to MY partner?" Similar situation for both of you. She could be posting a very similar post right now in another gymnastics forum. So if this is true, this might become an opportunity for both of you to actually try to make friends with other people, even if they are younger than you. I think the best thing in this situation is to talk to your partner, ask her if she could alternate between the two of you. The next thing is to talk to the new girl to see if she is fine with this situation. When talking to both of them, don't add in that the partner is your only friend. It'll make you seem clingy. Also, remember that you might be embarrassed if you make friends with someone younger than and that she's better than you, you might learn something new from the new friend that you might not have from your old friend.

Interesting. But yeah I'm friends with 3 younger girls now. And that one girl who quit previously wasn't in our class it just bothered me that she was cocky. But there was another girl that knew my partner but my partner stayed my partner but I talked to other people. Everything was fine. I'm kind of shy and my pre-team partner isn't but she doesn't know any of those other girls out of the gym that she met a month ago. Well everything's fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back