Parents New Gym Evaluation Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Well today at DD's regular Saturday practice, I talked to them about my concern with scheduling (basically preteam starts 15 minutes after she gets out of school, for 2 out of the 3 days of the week she'd have practice) and they said they'd work with her schedule. I also asked for a pricing sheet for team once she makes it, and the fees aren't AS bad as I thought they would be.
I'd like to be at a gym where she can actually get the full amount of hours for preteam, but my daughters gym is accommodating us pretty well. I think that unless another gym is willing to put her directly on preteam, and has a better schedule, then we are going to stay where we're at.

That's great news, and a good sign going forward that they are willing to be flexible...especially where school is concerned.

Well today at DD's regular Saturday practice, I talked to them about my concern with scheduling (basically preteam starts 15 minutes after she gets out of school, for 2 out of the 3 days of the week she'd have practice) and they said they'd work with her schedule. I also asked for a pricing sheet for team once she makes it, and the fees aren't AS bad as I thought they would be.
I'd like to be at a gym where she can actually get the full amount of hours for preteam, but my daughters gym is accommodating us pretty well. I think that unless another gym is willing to put her directly on preteam, and has a better schedule, then we are going to stay where we're at.

We have the same situation at my dd's gym. Practice starts at 4:00 and she gets out at 3:45. Most of the other kids on the team are taken out of school 20 minutes early to make practice, but I told them that wasn't an option at our school. They agreed to her being 10-15 minutes late to practice and so far it's been ok. She's been doing it since preteam so close to 2 years now. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. Next year practice starts at 3:30 though so I have no idea what she is going to do then. I'm glad they are being accommodating!

I would just stay where you are, but about the original question. It doesn't sound super unreasonable unless they won't offer a trial class before committing. Maybe they only accept new kids onto preteam every so often. A 5 week session isn't very long.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back