New layout?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
not sure if this was the right section (please tell me if it isn't) but with this new layout where has the chat box gone?

Also what is everyone else's opinion of the new layout? im not sure it kinda hurts my eyes :S but its just a change in colour and no chat box

Chat box and the pink "skin" had to go, they were both causing the server to behave badly with the site. You'll get used to it!

This is the original Chalk Bucket skin from 2005.

yeah I do too. Did you say that you were going to make some different skins besides this. Also I miss having the home page not just the forum thing!!!!! Because with the home page there was old threads and new threads.

I hate it - it looks clunky and it hurts my eyes. However I will bear with it if it is for technical reasons.:confused:

I agree, it is hard to look at, but understand that it is a necessity. Maybe I will get more done now, spending less time on here! LOL.

I am happy for the change, even if the theme looks a little 'old'. Funtional message boards are better than pretty boards that crash all the time. I had tried to change from the pink but it caused problems. I just didn't like the pink, seemed very tweenish, maybe the new colours will deter the underage users.

I am looking into new skin designers. I'll let you guys know what a new "functional" skin will cost. The pink skin was around $1,500.00.

After I get some bids...we can do a fundraising drive and see how much everyone want's a new skin.

I think what we have is just fine. If members realized the time and money that has been put into getting the cb to this point I think they would learn to love the community without the fluff. Honestly most off the add ons just make a to. More work for all involved.

I love the people here not the "stuff", the cb is so popular because it is full of all the info that parents, coaches and gymmies need.

When we all sit back and think about how we have benefitted from the cb, veryittle has t do with the extras, most of it is from the great contributions the members make.

It will take some getting used to, but the colors are easy on the eyes and I'm managing to find everything I need just fine, so no complaints here :).
Thanks for all you guys do!

On the bottom left hand corner, there is an option to choose between the ChalkBucket 2005 Skin or the vB Original skin. I changed mine to the vB original and it is MUCH easier on my eyes! The other one made my eyes hurt reading because of the contrast between the cream and darker colors. The vB original is mostly blue and blends a little more.

And yes Bog, I agree that we should be thankful just to have the CB. I am, but it really did hurt my eyes. I didn't see myself spending much time reading here anymore, but now I can read stuff easier.

OH MY!!! I thought I was in the wrong place. I don't like the black at all and the colors seem a little harsh. There must be some other color scheme that can be used that isn't as harsh.

On the bottom left hand corner, there is an option to choose between the ChalkBucket 2005 Skin or the vB Original skin. I changed mine to the vB original and it is MUCH easier on my eyes! The other one made my eyes hurt reading because of the contrast between the cream and darker colors. The vB original is mostly blue and blends a little more.

And yes Bog, I agree that we should be thankful just to have the CB. I am, but it really did hurt my eyes. I didn't see myself spending much time reading here anymore, but now I can read stuff easier.
Mariposa you are a computer wiz!!! Thanks!!! I do like the vB skin better thanks for the clear directions of how to change it. I always NEED clear directions:D!

Oh Sooooo much better!!!

I liked the other skin, but if it's causing problems with the website, then it's reasonable to go back to the old skin. Besides, this skin is just fine! I like the clouds! Also, I've noticed that this website has been going a LOT faster, and personally I think that function is more important than looking super fancy.

This website is already great because of it's valuable information, lots of topics, and great people! It doesn't need any help!

When I saw how much the old pink skin cost I was shocked! Over $1,000 just for a layout? That's a lot of money! I don't have a job or an income for that matter, but if you did find a skin that worked well and looked nice, I'd be glad to donate.

Just wondering, it's a little more noticeable with this skin, but was Proboards used partially to make this website? I just wanted to know because I've seen a few websites used with that base and made a few myself, but I've never seen one do this well!

I liked the other skin, but if it's causing problems with the website, then it's reasonable to go back to the old skin. Besides, this skin is just fine! I like the clouds! Also, I've noticed that this website has been going a LOT faster, and personally I think that function is more important than looking super fancy.

This website is already great because of it's valuable information, lots of topics, and great people! It doesn't need any help!

When I saw how much the old pink skin cost I was shocked! Over $1,000 just for a layout? That's a lot of money! I don't have a job or an income for that matter, but if you did find a skin that worked well and looked nice, I'd be glad to donate.

Just wondering, it's a little more noticeable with this skin, but was Proboards used partially to make this website? I just wanted to know because I've seen a few websites used with that base and made a few myself, but I've never seen one do this well!

I would say too that spending money on just a skin isn't worth the cost even though we liked it. This is good enough

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back