Parents New Social Group - Healthy Eating

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am interested in joining. Healthy for our kids is not necessarily mainstream "healthy." My kids need calories.

Ha yes this! My kid is coming off a stress fracture and what we learned is that she needs more and more calories! I wish I could partake in her healthy eating! But yes a group would be great since we are working with this specifically right now!

I would be interested , I cook for a nursery with 80 children daily and we are well known for my healthy menu :)

Reactions: sce
Ha yes this! My kid is coming off a stress fracture and what we learned is that she needs more and more calories! I wish I could partake in her healthy eating! But yes a group would be great since we are working with this specifically right now!

but healthy doesn't mean less calories, it could mean more, it depends on their needs. We need to be mindful that a diet "healthy" for a sedentary adult is not healthy for a growing active child. They need a lot more fat and carbs.

I would be very interested! I know a fair bit about "normal" nutrition for me (As I hide in bookworm's corner with a mouthful of chocolate butter cookies), but would like to learn more about gymnast-specific needs, especially how food choices and timing of meals contributes to quality workouts/meets, etc...and most of all how food choices play a part in injury prevention, whether it is strong bones or ability to focus and not get "dizzy and have everything go black" during a beam series. Yes, I've heard that one :eek:

I would be very interested! I know a fair bit about "normal" nutrition for me (As I hide in bookworm's corner with a mouthful of chocolate butter cookies), but would like to learn more about gymnast-specific needs, especially how food choices and timing of meals contributes to quality workouts/meets, etc...and most of all how food choices play a part in injury prevention, whether it is strong bones or ability to focus and not get "dizzy and have everything go black" during a beam series. Yes, I've heard that one :eek:
strawberries, it looks like you haven't joined the group yet. You (and anyone else) should be able to click on social groups, find/click on Healthy Eating, then click to join. I think Bookworm might like having an ally ;). I think that's a great question, after you join please post the question. I'm sure we'll have a lively conversation about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back