New to ChalkBucket!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone!

I'm Amy, a 22 year old senior at the University of Oklahoma. I have always loved gymnastics since I was younger! I did it for about 7 years, then took about 7 years off, and now decided it would be a great time to start again! I trained for about a month and then fractured my ankle....lol....so I'm waiting for it to heal up again so I can resume training!

I really would love to compete again but have no idea how to go about finding meets that let people "my age" (huge eye roll here) compete and also how we compete...as in what routines we perform, if they follow USAG level routines, etc.

If anyone has any information about adult gymnastics meets or anything along those lines, feel free to send me a private message or email or something! I would love any details :)

PS. I am from Dallas, Texas but am living in Norman, Oklahoma while I finish up my degree. In May when I graduate I am planning on moving back to Dallas. So far the only place I have found around there that does adult classes is Texas Dreams, which is great but it's only once a week for an hour at a time and I'd love to go at least twice a week! Any ideas on that too would be great!

Welcome to the Chalbucket.

The good news is we have many adult gymnasts here and some do compete. If you join our adult group, through your user CP on the left side of the page, you will be able to post in that forum and ask questions. I understand that there are masters competitions here and there. It seems the biggest hurdle for adult gymnasts is finding a gym that is insured for adult gymnasts.

Nice to have you here!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back