Parents night sock for Sever's?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
Has anyone tried the Strassburg Sock or any similar contraption for Sever's? It's marketed for plantar fasciitis, but I'm wondering if keeping the foot flexed at night could help lengthen the muscles and tendons that pull on the growth plate in Sever's.

My daughter has been suffering from severs. I would be interested about this as well. Hopefully someone has some insight for you.

I bought orthotic insoles for tennis shoes off Amazon and bought chacco sandles. They are recommended by podiatrists. No flip flops ever! We use a cheetah cup with compression sock under, ice, massage, Advil, essential oils (copieba and pan away) and acupuncture to keep inflammation down. Hope she has some relief soon.

Never heard of it. My DD has suffered from
It for almost a year and seems to have ended just recently (fingers crossed). She found ibuprofen before practice, an x-brace and then ice and massage after practice seemed to help. Athletic sneakers with inserts only. She did grow 3 inches this year, size of an 8 yr old now at almost 11yrs old.

My older DD who does have plantar fasciitis uses one and it really helps her (placebo or not, don't really care either way..!). Haven't thought about using it for YDD with Severs... hmmm, wonder what the odds are big sis will let little sis try it...?

My older DD who does have plantar fasciitis uses one and it really helps her (placebo or not, don't really care either way..!). Haven't thought about using it for YDD with Severs... hmmm, wonder what the odds are big sis will let little sis try it...?
It seems like it would help...makes sense to me that it would anyway.

Have you tried frankincense? Not sure it will help but I rub a few drops on each heal in the AM, PM, and before working out. It helps me tremendously. I get mine from edens garden.

Thanks for the input. I think we are going to try the sock. Usually insoles + x-brace + massage + ice + stretching are enough for my kid, but this growth spurt is a doozy. I knew it was really bad when she broke out the heel cups for tumbling--she hates those things.

Reactions: sce
She did grow 3 inches this year, size of an 8 yr old now at almost 11yrs old.

Mine is the same size and age. She and another girl on her team are constantly standing back to back trying to figure out who will be the shortest in the entire school next year.

Have you tried frankincense? Not sure it will help but I rub a few drops on each heal in the AM, PM, and before working out. It helps me tremendously. I get mine from edens garden.

We don't use that oil for daughters severs but we have it. This advice was not meant for me me but I'm taking it. Good to share what works for you and could help others. Thank you!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back