WAG No grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At our gym everyone wears grips. It's just easier. Even our rec kids wear palm guards. Main reason is that we like our bars chalky. No grips = non chalky bar.

I think it's similar in lots of clubs. Either everyone wears them or nobody wears them.

However, having said this I prefer keeping them out of dowell grips until they have grown to at least fit our xs guards (they start at xxs) purely because their hands are way too small. Some can only just grip the bar at 5 yrs old and I don't need them to have an extra piece of leather between them and the bar making it even harder!

our coach likes to wait until they are necessary for the boys. D got them when he was starting giants on High bar. Rings grips would have waited longer but he peeled off the back of the rings one day, so we got grips! LOL! Rings grips are hard for the boys until they dont have to do the muscle up anymore. Not sure why they wait on hb unless it is hand size. Usually around level 6 they start to use them.

My daughter got grips at the end of level 5- starting level 6 skills- meaning giants

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back