Anon No room at the next level…

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ha. Perhaps
OMG, no. Don't do this! Don't do anything in the part bolded above! It could backfire on you plus what other gymnasts may be planning is truly none of your business and usually would be kept close to the family's vest anyways so the gym may not even know.

Sounds like you are happy at the gym and it sounds like they know how to advance kids along in DP. It is a disappointment to learn your kid won't be moving up when they expected to but in this case the reasoning is solid and the specific levels in question (L6 v L7) won't impact her longevity or progression in the sport. The advice you've received so far has been from people who have experience.

Please don't do what this poster suggests by saying you are weighing all options. It's an aggressive a-hole response in a situation that doesn't warrant it (and it could come back to bite you later).
where we
OMG, no. Don't do this! Don't do anything in the part bolded above! It could backfire on you plus what other gymnasts may be planning is truly none of your business and usually would be kept close to the family's vest anyways so the gym may not even know.

Sounds like you are happy at the gym and it sounds like they know how to advance kids along in DP. It is a disappointment to learn your kid won't be moving up when they expected to but in this case the reasoning is solid and the specific levels in question (L6 v L7) won't impact her longevity or progression in the sport. The advice you've received so far has been from people who have experience.

Please don't do what this poster suggests by saying you are weighing all options. It's an aggressive a-hole response in a situation that doesn't warrant it (and it could come back to bite you later).
Ha. Perhaps where we live and the gyms around us have shaped us differently. In no way did I suggest you add WHO is leaving. You can have a conversation. I am always very professional. Anyone who knows me describes me this way. 🙂 In addition, you are misjudging my demeanor. 😀 Gyms are very cut throat around us. My kids have earned their accomplishments, but as a parents it’s a sport I can’t sit back on and hope it works out. Anyone around me would agree. Again, we are all coming from different experiences and different areas. That’s why it’s nice to have different perspectives. I hope it works out for the poster!!

Absolutely this. You can see below the post saying how many people gave it a thumbs up, so you can see how many people agree that being (passive) aggressive like that is a bad move.

As long as she can train L7 skills in L6, it's not a big deal and actually will give her amazing confidence. L8 and L9 get real difficult so slowing down and having her compete a level lower than her skills is not a bad thing. That is what our gym does... no level skipping (usually) and uptrain/upgrade as much as possible. My dd competed many L8 skills in her L7 routines making her very confident in next year.

I would stay and see how it plays out. Switching could mean not going L7 (some gyms will tell you anything to get you in the door only to be in the same or lower level) or being miserable at a new gym. She's young enough that it won't matter especially since she hasn't done L6. A spot might open due to injury or someone quitting. As others have pointed out, she could skip L7. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News