Parents Northern Atlanta area high schools and gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ASG only has one location. You may be conflating ASG and GGA. ASG has been around for a long time and had its ups and downs but I've heard that they have a new HC from Paulding who is really turning their program around. Boys team looks like it's been consistently solid.

You are absolutely correct. I'm pretty exhausted and was thinking off the top of my head, not fact checking. That will teach me!

Which coach went there from Paulding?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Zenit is also sort of NW Atlanta. They seem to be pretty small, are definitely going through some coaching changes; but seem to generally do pretty well at meets.

Just saw Whitney posted a video training at Georgia elite. Recognized the coach immediately as he was at a clinic dd was at. Seems she made the move so must be true what they said about GAA.

That was Georgia Elite's gym but the video from FloGymnastics said that it was a National Team Camp. I wonder if they were just hosting TOPS and Elite girls from other gyms in Georgia for preparing to go to camp in Texas?

That was Georgia Elite's gym but the video from FloGymnastics said that it was a National Team Camp. I wonder if they were just hosting TOPS and Elite girls from other gyms in Georgia for preparing to go to camp in Texas?

Never mind, just saw the other video and it does sound like she is trying GEG. That must be a heck of a drive for her parents though!

Quite the commute, but unfortunately many gymnasts and their parents have one (we do, and it sucks). Oh to win tge lottery....

Yeah...unfortunately, the higher level your gymnast is, the fewer gyms there are available that can successfully coach L9/10. It becomes much more difficult for many to find a gym within a reasonable distance that has successful upper levels. Depending on what your child's goals are, sometimes it is necessary to commute farther than you'd like. Carpools can help...but it is a commitment. We drove an hour each way for 2-yrs and eventually moved. Now it's 10 minutes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back