Parents Not-On-Wall Medal Display?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lilmisssunshine

Proud Parent
Has anyone ever seen some sort of medal display that isn't mounted to the wall? My husband has an irrational fear of putting things on the wall....:rolleyes:

My searches are turning up nothing...

Hmm... what about one of those stocking holders? Like this:
0b367c5962173a1c5e64ada700617302.jpg

That one might be too frilly, but you get the idea! I've seen them in various catalogs recently.

We put the current years on the stocking holders (except at Christmas when the stockings go up). Then the closet.

When I first read that I wondered what weirdo would display their stockings ! (pantyhose) I have never seen one of those holders before.
And my thought was Christmas stockings. This where little ldw's loot goes, except at Christmas when we put up the stockings. Season ends off to storage

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
Thanks for the ideas. Right now, he has them dangling off of the top bunk, which is fine. I just really like some of the medal displays I've seen. :D

We used to use Command hooks, one hook for each competition.
Now she has an IKEA metal wall rail (mounted into the wall) for them all.

I've seen curtain rods used, lower down in the window but that might block light-after 7 years, my dd now has two FULL medal racks and is starting on a third. I often wonder what she will do with all of them and her trophies when I pack them up and mail them to her at her first apartment :p

I just though of something else-how about an over-the-door jewelry hanger or over-the-door coat rack for her bedroom closet or door? There are a ton of styles out there-that would work and solve the issue of not using the wall!

Wow... My kids are so excited about their medals at the meet. Then they come home and throw them in a box. I guess that's what happens at the higher levels. (Both son and daughter hoping to compete level 10 this season) My son jokingly says when he retires, he's going to melt his medals down and turn them into a statue. We used to hang them around their rooms, but then we moved and so far, they are all still packed away. I think they are more concerned with their skills than medals. Sorry to sound trite, but this is from my kids, not me. For early competitors, I would suggest a dowel rod with anchors on the wall and tie the medals onto the rod. That's what we did, and it looks great.

How does he feel about hanging something from the ceiling?

Too bad about the walls though. There are so many great ideas. My father gifted my daughter with a custom medal rack that is beautiful. It spans the entire wall and has dozens of pegs to hang medals and then shelving units for most of the rack for trophies. IN the middle is a silhouetted gymnast (typical pose) painted to reflect one of her competition leos. He also used a scroll saw to cut out her name to be above it all. It's a lovely piece but it was a bear to put up and I know that the wall will look like swiss cheese when we take it down. :-(

How does he feel about hanging something from the ceiling?

Too bad about the walls though. There are so many great ideas. My father gifted my daughter with a custom medal rack that is beautiful. It spans the entire wall and has dozens of pegs to hang medals and then shelving units for most of the rack for trophies. IN the middle is a silhouetted gymnast (typical pose) painted to reflect one of her competition leos. He also used a scroll saw to cut out her name to be above it all. It's a lovely piece but it was a bear to put up and I know that the wall will look like swiss cheese when we take it down. :-(

That sounds amazing!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back