Parents Olympic gymnast costume

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sjm2b3

Proud Parent
My DD (age 6) wants to be an Olympic gymnast for Halloween. She wants a leotards and warm up suit similar to what the girls wore in London. Any thoughts? I could just tell her she can wear an Adidas track suit and a leotard she already has and that will probably be okay with her but I thought I would check here first.
thanks!

My daughter dressed up as Shawn Johnson last year. I had bought a "USA" leo from Snowflake leotards last year and she wore her team warm-up. I also got her a fake boquet of flowers and then she wore one of her medals. Of course I had to do her hair "meet style" with the glitter and spider web type.

She got lots of compliments on it and I bet ya there will be lots more this year then there ever has been in year's past. :)

Both GK and Snowflake (and maybe other brands too) are selling "replicas" of the leotards worn at the Olympics. They're a bit pricey, but you can always use another leotard!

My daughter was Shawn Johnson in 2008. She just wore a regular leo under her team warmup (we live in the Northeast so it could be snowing on Halloween or could be 70!)

We made a sign (and laminated) on 8 1/2x11 paper that said "Shawn Johnson, Olympic Champion" (just in case there was questions!) and put the Olympic rings on it. She wore it around her neck.

Everyone stopped her and said "Shawn, you were great at the Olympics"...it was very cute and she loved it!

Fact is, it would be a great idea for 5 girls to go as the Fierce Five!

My daughter also dressed up as Shawn Johnson in 2008. We already had a red/white/blue competition leo, so she wore that with her warm up pants on, which were also red/white/blue. I looked up Shawn Johnson's official athlete number during the Olympics and I made up a "tag" that she wore on her back just like the Olympians. I added one of her medals and it was great (not to mention cheap!). She looks a little like Shawn so she was really able to pull it off. Good luck!

Try target for the warm up suit. They had something similar a few weeks back (in NY) They may still have it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back