WAG Original Floor Music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm curious if this is a thing? Does anyone compose/create their own floor music? Could I get some tips or advice on this?
I used to write custom floor music. Been awhile, but if the deadline's far enough out, I suppose I could take a crack at it for the right price. What style are you looking for?

I think @Energym Music might also do custom composition, but I'm not positive about that.

I used to write custom floor music. Been awhile, but if the deadline's far enough out, I suppose I could take a crack at it for the right price. What style are you looking for?

I think @Energym Music might also do custom composition, but I'm not positive about that.
So my brother is a musician that has lots of equipment and feels he is setup to do this. I was hoping to hear from people that have done it.
I know nothing about this!!

I recommend getting the coach to write down the necessary guidelines. Time limit, but also like "we want roughly this many seconds before the first tumbling pass, roughly this many seconds for a dance sequence, total time must be between X and Y," etc. They don't need to have complete choreography done and be able to give instructions down to the second or anything, but a general idea of like "enough time for two tumbling passes, then mellow out for a brief dance section, then bring up the energy for one more tumbling pass" can be really helpful for composition. Really, any guidelines the coaches can offer will help.
Having a clear idea of what sort of style/genre you want will help as well. For composition purposes (especially for something as short as a routine tune), general guidelines can be used to boost the songwriting process. For me, specific words and phrases often ended up translating to specific instrument and rhythm choices (ie if they asked for something "dramatic," I'd write minor key with violin leads, or if they asked for "jazzy" I'd write for a sax lead, or if they want something "sassy" or "dancy," I'd write something with a swung rhythm around 95bpm).

I recommend getting the coach to write down the necessary guidelines. Time limit, but also like "we want roughly this many seconds before the first tumbling pass, roughly this many seconds for a dance sequence, total time must be between X and Y," etc. They don't need to have complete choreography done and be able to give instructions down to the second or anything, but a general idea of like "enough time for two tumbling passes, then mellow out for a brief dance section, then bring up the energy for one more tumbling pass" can be really helpful for composition. Really, any guidelines the coaches can offer will help.
Having a clear idea of what sort of style/genre you want will help as well. For composition purposes (especially for something as short as a routine tune), general guidelines can be used to boost the songwriting process. For me, specific words and phrases often ended up translating to specific instrument and rhythm choices (ie if they asked for something "dramatic," I'd write minor key with violin leads, or if they asked for "jazzy" I'd write for a sax lead, or if they want something "sassy" or "dancy," I'd write something with a swung rhythm around 95bpm).
Thank you so much! That’s very helpful!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back